SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_941602640

Help! Living Room Challenge

HU-941602640
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Just moved into a new place and I'm wracking my brain on how to arrange the couch. The living room is an awkward space with the fireplace and built-ins on one wall and a short 5-foot wide wall on the opposite side. This wall separates the living room and the home's entryway. So if I place the couch facing the fireplace, TV, built-ins, it extends 3 feet past the said wall. If I place it against the wall of windows, the chaise extends infront of the built-ins. I've been attached to this Room and Board chaise couch as my husband and I love curling up with our baby together on it. But is it time to switch to a sofa and loveseat combo? If I place a loveseat against the back wall, it'll still stick out if I have an end table in the corner. Do I go with an L-shape modular? We have a large extended family so we'd like to optimize the seating and can't imagine just having a club chair against that wall. Any advice would be much appreciated. Also, any nautical or ocean decor tips for filling the built-ins are welcome. We just moved, so ignore the mess - carpet remnants, baby and yoga stuff will be removed.

Comments (6)