SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alx0619

Is there a tile adhesive that will bond when it's dry?

Alx
5 years ago

It was a while ago when we had our bathroom done, but I really would appreciate your help now.
Almost exactly a year ago our floor installer left for the day leaving a swath of tile adhesive with no tile over it (see the picture) When I questioned that and asked how will the tile bond to now dry adhesive, he said it's not going to be a problem. Well, there was a problem... As the matter of fact a whole bunch of them and we had half year long gruelling dispute with the company who installed our tile, before they finally reimbursed us for the floor that needs to completely replaced. To make story short, they denied any wrong doing and claimed that our bathroom floor has inadequate support causing floor deflection and consequently problems with tile. (Funny enough, we had zero problems with our previous tile floor). It's done, it's over we don't have to deal with them again. I just would like to know if they lied about that as well. So can anyone tell me if there is an adhesive on the market that will bond to tile after it sits to dry for about 17 -18 hours?
Thank you

Comments (6)