SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

Retirement - what do you think

3katz4me
5 years ago

So I've been very "benevolent" with the timing of my retirement (20 years with company), offering to stay to assist with transition to my replacement which it seems will be an external candidate. It's now been about four months since I notified of my retirement and recruiting is underway but replacement not identified yet. Now I find out massive budget cuts are needed which means significant layoffs. I get that these things happen and are required at times but frankly, I don't care to stick around to deal with the shambles left behind. I'm ready to set a date with 30 days notice. I love the people I work with and offered to stay so things would go smoothly for everyone. However nothing will be "smooth" and it will be a big mess that I don't care to be a part of. I will make myself available to the people I care about if they need advice but I don't want to be responsible for all of it. So just want to validate with others that this sounds reasonable and not like I'm just having a hissy fit, taking my toys and going home.

Comments (32)