SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amills86

Building a Home / House Plans

amills86
5 years ago

Looking for House Plans are exhausting. I am very demanding. I have renovated 2 homes previously and this time mama wants as close to her dream home as possible. Our lot is 250 ft wide and 750+ deep. So the more narrow the better. I love farmhouse/revival styles. I need single story.

Must haves are as follows: Large laundry (I can't keep up with toddler and husband clothes); Large walkin pantry (if butler is an option connected to dinning I'd be thrilled); 4 bedrooms/4 bathrooms (each connecting to the bedroom; however the 4th bedroom would be guest/office so the bathroom could be in the hall to be used as a powder room instead of having a 1/2 bath as a powder). Love the idea of dinning room being accessible to back porch (must have front and rear porch). Side garage (3 bay) that would allow the 3rd bay to be a pull through. Large kitchen island.

Reason for 4 bed/4 bath is have two children (boy and girl) obviously as they grow I do not like the idea of them sharing a bathroom as teenagers.

ONE UNIQUE THING I AM WANTING : a playroom between the two children's rooms.

Love the idea of guest being on the garage side of the home near a friend's entry

NEED a large master/master bath and closets (I'd like a his/her bathroom and of course the hers being bigger with closets possibly in the hallway from bed to bath or connected to bath.

Eventually we will want a pool so this is something I am trying to keep in mind.

I AM JUST HAVING A HARD TIME FINDING ANY FARMHOUSE/REVIVAL STYLE HOMES THAT ARE ONE STORY. I just think that what I am looking for shouldn't be hard because I am wanting high ceilings anyway!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (64)