SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
donnakkk

Are we having fun yet?

donnakkk
5 years ago
May not look like much to everyone in the 2 weeks since we started this project but, I feel we’ve made great strides considering the many hurdles and obstacles we’ve run into. Probably, the worst is that after the kitchen gutted, our son in law and, who was to be our biggest helper, was admitted into hospital, where he still remains and has been diagnosed with bacterial meningitis. Pandora’s Box completely opened. Actually, the hinges came off if you ask me. If it can happen, it will happen has been my thought since we began but, I wasn’t prepared for an ear infection to be so dangerous. I had at least hoped to be painting by now. However, we discovered many flaws, unacceptable structural concerns that we weren’t totally prepared for. They have since been corrected and I will state for the record, that our floating budget, has long since sailed.

Today, it’s finally time to start covering the walls which now have gas lines and electrical boxes where they should be. No more, do not use microwave and toaster oven at same time or, no more electric cooking. Oh, wait. I forgot about lighting. I think that’s today. At any rate, considering the overall situation, my kitchen is no longer a priority and I’m sure it will be completed at some point in time.

Comment

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022