SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rachel_plahovinsak

Online Sources For Grafted Austin’s

Hi all. Curious regarding where to go for grafted Austins. It seems like more and more of the ones on their website are actually being offered as “own root” vs. “bare root”. I do understand the long-term hardiness of own-root, especially in colder zones, less chance of virus, etc. However, many Austin’s don’t seem to do as well when they aren’t grafted. I’m also interested in this particular grouping of roses for big cut flowers ASAP, as opposed to some of my other 2019 orders that are for my enjoyment, and that I know will take a bit of time to get going(my RU and Northand orders). I was wondering-where can I go to get these guaranteed grafted on Huey? In particular I’m looking at Eglantyne, Carding Mill, Darcey Bussell, and GC. I went through old posts, and Straw noted that Eglantyne, in particular, really needs to be grafted to repeat. I need GC and DB to be the work horses that everyone says they can be, but I don’t know if that is only because they are grafted or not, and I would rather lean that way. Thanks all!

Comments (30)