SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ghennen2

Window seat cushions - odd sizes, what to do??

Gina
5 years ago

We had custom-built cabinets made for our new home and when the cabinetry person finished constructing our room-length window seat, the dimensions ended up being very odd. The seat is deep (my request) - 27.5 inches - and it's also long - 128 inches. I'm having a REALLY hard time figuring out what to do for a cushion! These aren't typical measurements, and there aren't a lot of cushions of any type that are that deep. I'd consider options like multiple smaller cushions, or a long cushion with smaller cushions on either side, but I still can't find anything. Obviously I COULD do a custom seat cushion, but a) I don't want to wait for 6-8 weeks (or longer) and b) they would be really pricey for a cushion this large. I've already priced them out. And I try to decorate on a budget. :)

The closest I've found so far is this "daybed" cushion from Urban Outfitters: https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop/rohini-velvet-daybed-cushion?category=SEARCHRESULTS&color=074

But I'm not sure what to do with the extra 54". Would piling up pillows to fill the empty space work?

Any suggestions appreciated!

Comments (3)