Testing flagging posts

carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

Post a reply to test flagging here.

SaveComment8Like
Comments (8)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mayflowers

Carol, I flagged your comment and got the "Thank you for reporting this comment --Undo" notice. Now that is gone, which means that someone else has flagged it too.

1 Like Save     Thanked by carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
catticusmockingbird

I also flagged your comment. So, there you go. Takes 2 flags.

1 Like Save    

This post is still visible to me, but the thread I commented on @ Hot Topics was gone, last I checked...

Save    

FWIW, I believe the 'undo' option is only temporary, not an indicator of follow up flagging.

Save    
catticusmockingbird

No, the undo option stays until a second flag makes it disappear.

2 Likes Save    
catticusmockingbird

If you log out you'll no longer see your post that was flagged.

Save    
soupgirl53

Hi! Soupgirl here. I just saw this thread and was eager to see the results of your experiment. To make sure I understand this, if 2 people flag the same post with an "I don't like it," the post goes away? If you are the only person to flag the post with an "I don't like it," the post remains invisible from your view only, correct?

My head was taken off by Artemis today when I said I was using this flag with respect to Carro's posts and perhaps Artemis was right to take my head off because of the potential for mischief using the "i don't like it" flag.

What would prevent two people from having an agreement to flag every post of a certain poster? It would certainly disrupt the forum and because of that, I am surprised Houzz has a flag that works in this fashion. I am going to check all of the Carro posts that I flagged to see if they are still there. If they are still there then that means I was the only person to flag them and if they are gone, that means someone else also flagged them. I will let you know what I find out. Thanks.

Save    
soupgirl53

The Carro posts that I flagged are still invisible to me but restorable if I tap on the flag and the thank you message is still there. As such, I assume the removal from my view is permanent unless and until someone comes after me and flags the post. If that occurs, I will know because the thank you message will be gone, correct?

Because the thank you messages are still there I assume that means Artemis did not miss any of Carro's posts that I flagged (which makes me feel better) but she would have missed them if someone came after me and flagged those posts. I was not acting in concert with anyone in flagging Carro's posts and will never do that but I fear there are some people on the forum who are doing that given the amount of posts that are disappearing.

As for future use of the flag, I will have to think about it. Do you have any thoughts on the use of it now that we have a better understanding how it works?

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Decorating 101 Myth-Buster: The Right Way to Test Paint Colors
Here are 5 key steps to take to ensure you're happy with your wall paint color
Full Story
Fourth of July How to Hang the American Flag at Home
We’ll show you how to display the American flag on your house for Memorial Day, the Fourth of July or all year round
Full Story
GBC Kitchen & Bath has been in remodeling business for over 10 years providing products and services mainly in... Read More
With quality custom window treatments and the best window treatment designers in Long Island, we have you and... Read More