SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

Pneumonia update

neetsiepie
5 years ago

I have been off work since February 4th. I honestly have never been this sick before in my life! Even the flu didn't work me over like this has! I was doing pretty well over the weekend then I had a set back and spent all day Tuesday sleeping. Today I ventured out for a very small errand and that nearly knocked me flat, but I used the inhaler when I got home and have been resting ever since.

I developed a surface blood clot in one calf-painful but not life threatening. I am prone to clots and varicose veins, so I'm not surprised by this. Just more incentive to try to walk as much as I can.

Today I have pain in my ribs when I try to breathe deeply-muscular pain-like a jabbing in my left rear ribs. A hot compress helped that.

I have read that Ozzy Osbourne had been hospitalized with pneumonia and has now cancelled his European tour to recover. There are a couple of other young performers who've cancelled due to respiratory infections-it's not something to be messed with!

Sunday we're celebrating my sweet little grandson's 2nd birthday so this Gremma is determined to be feeling fine so she can share his day with him (today is his actual birthday). I'm following my doctors orders-trying to eat protein, but I have little appetite. I am drinking A LOT of fluids, more than usual, and giving in to the siren song of my bed and a fat cat or two.

My DH has been a godsend. Not complaining at all about me being a slug and he's even been cooking and doing laundry. I will owe him big time next time he has a man cold!

Hoping you all continue to be in good health!

Bonus, here is the Birthday Boy. He does not care for sweets, he prefers olives!

Comments (22)