SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dillybeansown

What to do with pink roses in Fall! Help!

I am slowly trying to get my garden to the point where it looks good all year. Slowly, very slowly. lol. The quandary I am working on right now (while it's fresh on my mind) is what to do in the fall with the repeat/perpetually blooming roses and other plants that bloom in pink? Last year, although the garden on its own looked fairly decent during the late autumn, if I took a step back and viewed the landscape as a whole it looked ridiculous and very out of place. Almost jarring. I had mostly pink roses, chrysanthemums, and dianthus blooming, accompanied by various blue salvias. With the fiery reds and yellows of the trees and other foliage in the background, it looked rather awful. Truly. This year, I intend to incorporate more grasses, switch out the pink mums for burgundy or at least a darker shade of pink/purple, and try to add some yellow although I hate it. Do any of you have any suggestions? Pictures of your rose gardens in fall would be most welcome, if you wouldn't mind sharing! :)

P.S. I don't really hate yellow. I have the other side of the house done in warm colors, and that area looked smashing in Fall. In that area, I love my yellows and corals and oranges. I just prefer not to mix cool and warm, but it seems I shall have to do some if I want to avoid that this year!

Comments (11)