SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cedarburgcapecod

Limited budget for full kitchen remodel. What to do "on the cheap"?

cedarburgcapecod
5 years ago
We have a limited budget ($15-20K) and a kitchen that needs EVERYTHING. A few years ago we removed a wall between the kitchen and den so to make a large eat in area in the kitchen. We also purchased new s/s appliances, which we will keep. The kitchen with the new eating area is approximately 11×28. We definitely need new cabinets (I want the bestwe can afford within this budget). We need overhead lighting in the new eat in area and I would like recessed lighting in the other part of the kitchen. We must replace the window over the sink, and have some drywall work done. We might change the location of the range (still playing with the design).
We can reuse the current cabinet hardware and our faucet (they are brushed s/s) as they are newer.
So, where is a good place to save money? Flooring? (This flooring would also go in the half bath, laundry room and hall.) Counters? Other areas I am missing? DH and I can do very basic stuff like paint, put up our own light fixures etc.
We will probably outgrow this house in 4- 5 years, so we are also looking at resale value.

We expect to be in this house for another 3-5 years, so resale value is a factor.

Comments (11)