SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie_mcfall

Exterior update to newly purchased split level home

Annie McFall
5 years ago
We obviously need tons of landscaping. But first we want to change the look to add balance to the roofline and eliminate the natural flat look of the front facade. I want to add a large and deep front porch that starts to the left of the door to the middle of the LR and DR windows on the right. I see a roof line that run the opposite direction of the current roof, to add height to the right. Our house is the first house in Tam colors. We have taken out the large tree that is visible right near the house. No worries, we still have ten trees more out front closer to the street. I also added a picture of an all white house to approximate the size of porch we are thinking about adding. Colors are the problem. I do not want to paint the brick. I don’t want the future maintenance of that choice. I plan to match the porch eave to the existing siding. I would really love to make the house pop with dark blue. Will that work with the brick color? We plan to ditch the shutters. My husband isn’t a fan of them. Taking any and all suggestions.

Comments (32)