SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anla26

Can you recommend a white tea rose for me?

I have a rose bed in my back garden that will have all white roses planted in it. It's about halfway planted, and I realize I have some space I need to fill. The bed has lots going on...there is a large Douglas Fir tree that has a MAC planted at it's base (to be trained up the tree). There is s tree stump which will have the urn on top with a white rose spilling out Marie Pavie I think). The bed is edged in a "hedge" of Boleros (there must be about 12 of them).

Here is a pic of a section of it:

Here are the roses I have planted or planned for this bed already:

Bolero

MAC

Marie Van Houtte

Mrs. Herbert Stevens (to climb on a teepee)

Crocus Rose

Tranquility

Iceberg (a very old decrepit standard rose I don't have the heart to get rid of)

Pope John Paul (I'm not sure how this will look with all these old fashioned roses...I may move it later)

Snowbird

Rose-Marie (white sport of Heritage)

What I'd like to add to the bed are 2 more white climbers. I would love another climbing tea, but it can be any white climber as long as it's old fashioned looking, relatively healthy, and a repeat bloomer.

Then I would love to add some small teas. Nothing that gets over 5 feet. I have been considering Ducher, Boule de Neige, and Konzprissen Viktoria. What other teas would work?

This area gets full sun (a rarity in my garden), has good soil, and will have drip irrigation.

All thoughts/ideas/input on this bed are welcome!

Thank you!

-Andrea

Comments (26)