SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maddielee49

Telephone (landline) scam calls, a new low for us (2X) plus CC skimmed

maddielee
5 years ago

This morning, before 8 am, our landline had a call identified as my husband’s name with our own telephone number showing in the caller ID. Because we were looking at each other, there was no need to answer it. No message was left.

Then this afternoon caller ID identified a call coming from a local hospital. A hospital where we currently have a dear friend being treated. I answered and it was one of those scam recordings, “do not hang up, your pain can be managed” etc, etc. We receive this type call numerous times each day. They usually come from numbers that are near our area code, never the same number so blocking the number is useless.

We are on the Do Not Call registry, as well as having the No More Robo call thing.. We are careful anout never answering calls, knowing that most people will leave a message if something is important.

I’m irritated that a telephone that I once enjoyed using is now a means of torture. (Dramatic statement).

AND my husband’s credit card was skimmed last week when he was buying gas. Thankfully, the credit card company called to inquire about some strange charges and we will not be responsible. (He was home and answered that phone call.)

Be careful out there, crooks are everywhere.

Comments (30)