SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brijonsson

grey grout colour with subway tile in bathroom

Slough Shark
5 years ago
We are doing a full bathroom reno in approx 3 weeks. I have everything picked out, except for the grout colour. The bathroom we are working on is relatively small and has no natural light (pictured) - no the pink tub is NOT staying ;)

I have included a pic of the floor tile sample. Sorry I don’t have a better photo. It looks darker in real life and is a 12 x 24 slab in black. The cabinet will be a walnut wood, our fixtures will all be matte black, and the bath/shower will be surrounded with 3x6 gloss white subway tile.

NOW I am having a huge dilemma with the grout colour. Initially, I was all about a dark grout... now I am unsure, as the bathroom is smallish and dark and I don’t want it to look chaotic in there. However, I do NOT want to do a white grout, and I am finding the silvers etc too cold for my liking. A light to mid grey is what I seem to like.

I have narrowed it down to two grouts (but am open minded to others). Driftwood (pictured from another Houzz users post, and left grout sample in last pic) and rolling fog (lighter grey - right sample grout in last pic).

Does anyone have any advise, given the info I have provided? Would driftwood clash with the floor tile. Since there is some brown tones in there?

Thoughts, advise, opinions - all welcome!!!!!

Comments (36)