SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
waverly6

GE cafe induction range with different colored knobs.

waverly6
5 years ago

My latest decision in appliance buying was to go with the stainless steel GE cafe 30 inch induction range with dual ovens . CHS950P4MW2 shown here in matte white with bronze knobs. When I was at my local appliance store, the owner told me that it was available in stainless steel and one could customize the knobs.

I reached out to GE directly and received this answer from GE yesterday.

At this time we only offer the optional Customization Kits for the Matte Black and Matte White models. That could change for the stainless steel version late this year. Please check our Cafe website. https://www.cafeappliances.com/ For the Matte Black and Matte White there is at an additional charge and should be ordered at time of ordering the appliance.

Why on earth, if the knobs and handles can be ordered separately for an additional charge, would it make any difference what color the base appliance is?

I do like the look of the matt white with bronze knobs but I think it might be too trendy and look dated in a few years.

I guess I'm just frustrated and venting here. I think at this point I will just go ahead with my planning for the kitchen reno which will only be started in the fall with the thought that it might be available. if not, it is a slide in range so I can go with any 30 inch slide in range.

Comments (2)