SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hutchae84

Hardscape for small backyard (8b)

I apologize in advance if you already have seen this post, seems like it keeps getting an error on my side.

Quick BG: We purchased this house last year and renovated the inside, we are now working on the outside. this used to be an urban farm and this is where the rabbits and chickens were kept. It is in need of a lot of TLC.

Question/help: designing a hardscape plan for this very small area. We would like a sitting/dining area off the small back deck and two paths, one that leads to the grass on the north side and one that leads to the gate on the south side. We are planning on using stamped concrete.

Other information: we are working with an abortist to remove the dead Holly and one possible other tree, this will leave a Camelia tree, two chesnut trees and 2 persimmons (all of which would need to be pruned). All though we might just remove the persimmons (thoughts?). Below drawing I have put an X on plants we might remove, "heart" marks persimmons. scale of drawing is 2 squares is 1 foot.

Additional info-fence will be replaced with privacy fence, this area is mostly shaded and we are planning on doing woodland plantings but are open to other ideas.

Comments (28)