SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pinkdoor

Lee Industries Stools - quality control problem?

Pink Door
5 years ago
I ordered 3 counter stools from Lee Industries.
The wood finish on first set of stools came unsatisfactory (see photo in comments).

After consulting with their furniture refinisher, it was decided by the retailer, as a first course of action, to have Lee Industries send 3 new stools.

Three new stools arrived yesterday.
1) The wood finish problem was much improved, and it would be acceptable to us, albeit not what we would expect of stools priced @ $1200/stool, BUT explains 2 problems with the replacement stools -

A.) Without even a side-by-side comparison, when the first replacement stool was pulled off the truck, the leather appeared to be a completely different grey, it is not, it was ordered properly. The leather is completely missing the blue undertones that pull the countertop stone and island paint together which led us to chose to this particular grey. Is this is a tolerable variance, and we just got lucky with the first set of stools, or is this legitimately outside color tolerance (see photo in comments).

3) I realize leather is organic and blemishes are to be expected. However, 2 of the 3 replacement stools, have obvious and distracting markings. I am not sure if this too is an acceptable variance and we just got lucky with the other 4 stools having smooth finish with minor blemishes. We have 4 pieces of leather furniture in our home from other manufacturers (sofa, 2 chairs, ottoman), and those pieces do not have distinct markings, blemishes yes, but distinct markings no. As my husband said, if we received a sofa with 3 sofa cushions with so much variance, it would be an eyesore and not be acceptable to us, would this hold true to stools used side by side? (photo attached to post).

I am not a customer who is comfortable complaining, especially without a clear understanding of what is reasonable to expect for what I paid. I try to balance an eye for detail with realistic expectations. My retailer is very supportive and has been providing excellent customer service on the entire purchase which is more than the stools. We had hoped to buy Lee Industries sofa and chairs for family room next, but questioning quality control at this point. We still have a whole house to still furnish. I will be asked on Monday, when I get my first opportunity to speak to the retailer after they received pictures, I am sure I am going to be asked what I want to be done to resolve situation. I am not sure what are reasonable solutions. Any input advice appreciated.

Comments (9)