SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19039753

What is Your Everyday China?

User
5 years ago

Okay -- we've been showing our wedding china and sometimes our everyday china but let's devote this to just everyday.

What do you use everyday -- day in and day out.

Do you have more than one?

And mix and match or use one for spring and one for fall?

And was it part of the wedding loot or did you buy it yourself . . . and is it your ORIGINAL everyday china? (like how many have you had over the years?)

Comments (93)

• satine_gw
    5 years ago

I have a problem with dishes as in I can't stop acquiring them. I have more dishes than anyone needs. My every day are white corell with a scroll type embossed rim. I never had wedding china other than the "gas station china" which was bought for 99 centers per place setting when you filled your tank. I still see those dishes at thrift stores. I also have many pieces of Hull brown and a set from my aunt which is a white porcelin from Spain. Also clear glass with a pine cone pattern, floral Haviland which I believe is Sandra pattern. This is not even counting the many sets of dessert dishes I own. When I moved about 7 years ago I got rid of probably 4-5 sets. I also love old restaurant dishes.

• gsciencechick
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

We have a Corelle pattern called Sand Art. I don't remember what I had previously but it was another set of Corelle. I would like some colorful Fiesta, but our cabinets are small and I'm not sure the Fiesta would actually fit due to their diameter. They're also thicker. I would also love some vintage atomic patterns, but I don't think they'd be DW safe and then also need to probably worry about lead paint. Salad plates are the same and then the bowls just have the peachy-orange trim and are white. Don't have any serving pieces.

• Related Discussions

What 3 pots/pans are most important to your everyday cooking?

Q

Comments (11)
    1. Large (12"?) saut� pan, aluminium with stainless steel interior, pretty tall sides and helper handle, a KitchenAid that my second mom found at a flea market for $15-ish and decided I needed. Uses: general frying, braising, saut�ing. A couple times each year I take a buffing pad, drill, and metal polish, shine the interior to a mirror, the pan is slick like ice for awhile. 2. Medium (10"?) cast iron pan, some cheapo Taiwanese no-namer, that the same friend got for me at the same market for the same price. Uses: searing, stirfrying, general frying. So easy to clean, nothing ever sticks, happiest when it's smoking. 3. 7 qt Kuhn Rikon pressure cooker, bought with the encouragement of the CF, and opened whole new vistas through the magic of time compression. Uses: slow cooking fast, fast cooking faster, stocks, stews, pot roasts, legumes, grains, also works as an everyday deep pot. If I was putting together a traveling kitchen, I might bring the smaller pressure cooker and a smaller saut� pan, just depends on space restrictions.
    ...See More

what are your everyday dishes like?

Q

Comments (86)
    Oh, I love the term 'vessel collector'. lol I'll have to tell my hubby there's an 'official' name for it. :o) I too, have a thing for pitchers. There's just something lovely about their shape. I tend to like mid size milk ones (or smaller), as I have never had enough space for full-sized ones. Currently my 'every day' dishes are mostly Corelle, along with a mix of pretty china ones that I've picked up along the way from second-hand stores. I have a set of 'good' china that was my chosen pattern when we got married, but we rarely use them anymore. I have thought of selling them, but haven't done so as of yet. In my 'new' kitchen, I think I'm going to use the ones that I was given a few years ago by my step mom (full set for 12 + extras). She collected them over many years from boxes of laundry soap. (I was thrilled when she gave them to me.) They are so pretty that I have been hesitant to use them, but I am at the point though thinking that if I don't use them - who will? The ones that come after me likely won't care about the stories old dishes tell. I think perhaps they ought to be used and enjoyed rather than stuck in my china cupboard. Sorry I don't have a picture of mine - they're all packed away at the moment. They are pink rose bunches in the center with a gold (22 ct I believe) design around the edges. ~Missy Here's a generic pic from the internet.
    ...See More

What size is your everyday purse?

Q

Comments (14)
    I am about to change my system. I have a system I liked in which I had a special coupon-type holder for all my receipts, one for grocery coupons, and another for coupons for various department or clothing stores--and those huge BB&B coupons! I usually carried all that in my purse. One reason was because for awhile I was using 2 different vehicles (at different times) and it was very frustrating to go off and have left something in the other vehicle. Also I really needed to keep good track of my receipts and so I could put it directly in my purse receipt-wallet. Or hated to walk back out to my car from halfway through the grocery store. Plus I also use and old purse-organizer that belonged to my mom, for travel brush, tissue, pen and paper, etc, so I can transfer to another purse. But right now, I am almost always in the same vehicle. Plus, it's not just the weight--although, I was amazed at what just one or 2 more items like that seemed to add-- but I have found that it really takes a much larger purse than you might think to hold these various items without being "stuffed" and hard to wrangle out--so few purses have the right compartments for my stuff. I don't really like the individual slots for phone or pen. So I'm considering changing to a glove-compartment system and keep all these coupons/receipts there. Sure, I'll have to traipse back to my vehicle sometimes when I've walked into a store without my coupon, and I'll have to develop a new good habit of filing my receipt as soon as I get back in, but the tradeoff will be that my purse is less stuffed, and less heavy. I had a Healthy Back bag and did not find it felt less heavy. Plus my stuff tended to slosh around in it since it is not directly upright.
    ...See More

Show me where you store your everyday dishes.

Q

Comments (23)
    We have 2 5' long reclaimed shelves that store our everyday plates, bowls, coffe cups (though my 8 week nursling disagrees with caffeine), little plates (need more of these), and canister set I use often. Love the easy access to get and put away: My almost 4 year old has her own drawer close to the floor. She gets and puts away her own "dishes" Finally we use these glasses on a daily basis for our brita: Love how easy it is to access everything. Our open shelves do at times look a bit barren when both dish drawers are full.
    ...See More
  • chessey35
    5 years ago

Mikasa Susanne

I saw it in a store in Bermuda and loved it and my kids surprised me with a set the following Christmas. Each piece is different. I use it every day.

• jakabedy
    5 years ago

My everyday wedding pattern was a stoneware from Denby. I don't recall the name and a quick look at their site tells me it's discontinued. It held up pretty well, with the only casualty being one bowl in 15 years. I was never a huge fan of it, but my XH loved it, so I let it leave with him. I had no other dishes and hadn't really planned for what I wanted, so I bought a set of vintage melmac dishes on Facebook Marketplace from a woman who was cleaning out her grandmother's house. It's Talk of the Town by Harmony House (i.e., Sears), ca. 1955, which seemed right for my house, which is ca. 1954. Eight place settings (minus two missing pieces) in eight different colors, plus serving pieces for $50. Groovy mid-century dishes acquired on the cheap in a Sprouts parking lot? How could I resist?

I'm still afraid to put them in the microwave or dishwasher, which is cramping my style somewhat, and the bowls are tiny and shallow. I plan to look this weekend for a nice minimalist set for heavier duty use (I wish I were close to IKEA) and may just display the melmac.

• lascatx
    5 years ago

Registered for Dansk Rosebud and used that for many years but now have Hotel Collection white bone china --also some Villeroy & Boch pieces I mix with it.

• Daisy S
    5 years ago
    Lol...we are still using our Pfaltzgraff Folk Art dishes...bought them during my first year of teaching in 1985...I retired this year. Maybe they need to retire also. They have resided with us in three states and three countries though .
  • User
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Daisy S -- my BFF has these as well -- her first set she broke some, some had knife marks on the plates, she went to the Pfaltzgraff outlet to replace needed pieces and was told that they no longer made them so she got rid of them. Fast forward about 15 years and two sets of shoddy dishes later and she wishes she never got rid of them so for the last 3 years she's been on a quest to reacquire her set -- a piece here and there (well, maybe 12 plates here and 4 cups there). She's almost there. She questions why she didn't think of flea markets when she needed to replace pieces of her set. Of the three similar patterns -- Folk Art (the beige and blue), the brown on brown or the blue on gray) -- Folk Art is the most rare with the brown on brown being the most common.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    5 years ago

I bought my own *wedding* china...EJ Korvetts was going out of business and I got my chinese china at 50% off...bought two sets and they've been the staple of family gatherings ever since. I didn't dare buy *good* china as I knew between me and DH we'd just keep breaking them. The cheap stuff *never* gets broken. Our everyday china is corelle...and we've managed to break some of them over the years!

I have 3 other sets of dishes from MIL and DH's grandmother...lots of plates, and saucers, only a couple of cups .... the rest were broken.

• georgysmom2
    5 years ago

My first everyday dishes were from a gas station. Everytime you bought gas you got your card punched and after so many punches you got a place setting. They have long been gone. Even forgot about them until this post. My next set was Johnson Bros. White Octagon Ironstone as shown in Martha's picture. (Martha, seems we have similar taste both in everyday and good china.) I loved the Ironstone but it was heavy and after some time and several kids, replaced it with Corelle. I still have some cereal bowls from the Corelle which I just removed several days ago from the cabinet and am getting ready to bring them to Habitat Restore. After the Corelle, I went to a Mikasa fruit design and now for many years I have been using Mikasa's Italian Countryside.

• marilyn_c
    5 years ago

Jakabedy. I LOVE your Melmac dishes!!!!

• jill302
    5 years ago

Love everyone’s everyday dishes. I have “a thing” for china, the Lenox Chirp and Fiestaware have been calling my name for a few years now, but I have resisted. Have such a hard time leaving other beautiful expensive china sets for sale at thrift shops for a pittance, but just no room.

My wedding everyday dishes are Noritake Conservatory have 10 settings. Registered and received these at my wedding 27 years ago. Still love.

and my summer dishes which I inherited are vintage (made in California era) Desert Rose Franciscanware. Do not like the newer Desert Rose made out of CA, too thick and the detail of the flowers is not nearly as good. Love my vintage pieces. Have 12 place settings.

Not at home so I used internet pics.

• lgmd_gaz
    5 years ago

I guess I am missing a gene or am too practical. China in the true sense of the word, to me means unnecessary cost and care. I'll stick with durable, cost conscious, Corelle or similar. And I have no desire for "silverware" that needs to be polished either. Give me stainless steel flatware. It can be just as attractive. When I was married 58 years ago, pricey China and Silverware were not on my gift list.

• Sueb20
    5 years ago

I really like my Hue dinnerware from

C&B. Especially because you don’t have to buy them as a “set” — I like to mix and match. These are not the colors I have — I have all off-white bowls, but the plates I have are a mix of the off-white, light green and light blue colors. I also have a lot of handmade pottery bowls that we use a lot — wish I could replace all my dishware with pretty handmade pottery but it just wouldn’t be practical or budget friendly!

• gsciencechick
    5 years ago

Jakabedy, those are awesome.

I really like the C&B white and pastel posted right above. And the Lenox chirp is also amazing.

• Funkyart
    5 years ago

I have always preferred stoneware to china.. but generally had a variety of china and stoneware for different occasions and moods. When I moved, I replaced my many sets with just one-- Sophie Conran's Portmeirion White. I chose this one because I loved the "extra" pieces-- the serving pieces. I don't care for or use the mugs but I love the rest of the collection. None of the pieces are completely round which gives them a kind of carefree style. I love the simplicity and slightly offbeat nature of what is basically a plain white set.

I have been building the serving pieces-- I have platters, roasters, casseroles, butter keeper-- and today I purchased the pasta bowls and a footed cake plate!

They mix and match with other pieces nicely and they allow me to use basically play with any style linens. Easy Peasy.

• Daisy S
    5 years ago
    Martha Scott, Pfaltzgraff still makes Folk Art...just go to their website ...I got rid of my mugs and cups saucers long ago...too clunky. We have always loved the deep rimmed plates and soup bowls, but know they are way out of fashion.
    User thanked Daisy S
  • sprtphntc7a
    5 years ago

lenox butterfly meadow. durable as can be! freezer to oven to table. DW and microwave safe!! workhorse! we put these through the wringer and they still look brand new! have had over 10 years. can't break, scratch or chip them, they are just awesome.

bought on clearance at one of their outlet stores... did not get complete set, just bought what we use, which is great for us!!

• caflowerluver
    5 years ago

As I said in the other china thread, we have used stone wear as our everyday dishes. It is more durable and more us. First got a neutral color cheap set called "Oatmeal", than 10 years later a glossy black Corningwear stone wear set. After the kitchen remodel in 2006 bought Pfaltzgraff "Silk Rose". It reminded me of my Mom's Franciscan "Desert Rose". I always loved the Desert Rose pattern. I have no idea what happened to her set of dishes when my mom passed.

Stock photo of Pfaltzgraff "Silk Rose".

• jojoco
    5 years ago

My everyday China is juliska’s Le Panier”. It’s got a great heft and handmade look.

• nicole___
    5 years ago

I saw a Mikasa Anabella dinner plate....and..remembered how much I loved looking at it! They only have one plate....maybe to set a cake on....in my cake dome? :0) I remember seeing a whole set @ A thrift store. The center of the plate was scratched badly and had silver streaks from knifes. Looked terrible.

I still love it!

User thanked nicole___
  • nhbaskets
    5 years ago

I love china! Didn’t post on the wedding china thread as we did not select a pattern 36 years ago. At the time, I already had service for 12 of Dansk Blue Bistro. We used this as our everyday china until 4 years ago. Still love it.

Our new everyday china is Villeroye and Boch Switch 3. Had admired this for many years. So glad to have it now.
    I also have 36 C&B white Aspen dinner plates and 24 salad plates that I use when entertaining a large group. My Mom always said to have white dishes and she was right. This time of year I bring out my Christmas dishes from Macy’s.
    Before she passed, my aunt gave me my grandmother’s Limogue china. It gets used on occasion.

• clt3
    5 years ago

These were my everyday dishes as a new bride. There have been many sets in between, but these are the latest. And I love them!

• artemis_ma
    5 years ago

I am looking at my everydays, and realizing if I want to make the grade, I need to pick one, and complete the set.

SO, here's my current hodgepodges, and I am probably working on more important things right now than getting my everyday china to match, but eventually... yes, I want to get there. HERE WE GO!

I have 12 of these plates, and absolutely no idea where I got them. The thing is, they are ONLY the dinner plates, nothing else. I know I had them back in the 80s.

Underside says: Stoneware by Hearthside, CUMBERLAND, Mayblossom, Japan.

8 dinner plates from my Aunt Viola, a set of 8 teacups, 11 saucers, 7 salad plates, 9 tiny plates, a creamer and a sugar container. TWO soup bowls. Two platters. They say, Gardenia, Syracuse China, made in America. Gold leaf edges, mostly which doesn't come off in the DW. Yeah, I kinda gave up...

6 dinner plates from a set called Mountain Wood Collection stoneware, Trellis Blossom, made in Japan, one large serving bowl, one soup bowl, 6 small plates. I donated the cups and saucers to families in need who'd moved onto a church property in my old area, after Hurricane Sandy, but there'd been eight of those. This set was bought for me by my parents at the Elephant Trunk Flea Market mid 90s.

For soup bowls these days, I am using 12 plain white IKEA bowls that retailed two years ago at 99 cents each. I mean... none of the above choices had enough here resembling soup-readiness!

What I need to do is find more china/stoneware in any one of the three above patterns, and run with it, to fill out my needs. Aesthetically, I like the Mountain Wood collection the best.

• tiwall
    5 years ago

Wow, artemis, I remember having the Mountain Wood plates long ago when I lived in CT. Memories!

• User
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Daisy S -- my friend was at a Pfaltzgraff store about 15 years ago and they told her they no longer made it . . . she wanted to replace the few items that she had broken over the years but no dice. Glad to see that they've started making it again -- wonder why? Does it fit with the farmhouse look that so "in" right now?

• User
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Nichole -- that's my daughter's pattern and we always look for it and buy it whenever we see it if it's in good shape and reasonable. And yes, knives do mark it badly!

• Sueb20
    5 years ago

Mtn, I used to have those SCAD plates too! They got really scratched up so I ended up donating them to goodwill. I like French Bull plates and platters, too. I forgot to mention that those are my "lunch/sandwich" plate of choice.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    5 years ago

OMG, Sue, now I remember you "saying" that before. I wish I could find replacements, there is something about them I just like.

• mamapinky0
    5 years ago

Artemis. Your Gardenia plate looks so much like mine...Maybe exactly. Mine are packed but I plan getting them out one day. The bottoms say..*The Gardenia collection Saks fifth avenue * I've had them at least 30 years. My grandfather gave them to my mom and she gave them to me.

• dedtired
    5 years ago

My new Sur La Table Bistro dishes arrived today, none broken. They look nice and tidy in my cupboard. I do have some regret in not holding out for a pattern I liked after seeing all your pretty dishes.

BUT, wouldn't you know, I went to an estate sale yesterday and there they had a lovely set of Royal Worcester china that looked like it had never been used and was just darling. It was only $175 for a set of 12 place settings.

I stood there looking at them, thinking I could return the Bistro set when it arrived and use these. I didn't do it, though. I kind of regret it. I just don't have the room for an additional set of china. Why do things like this happen to me so frequently? Oh well, I am happy with the Bistro set.

• Jasdip
    5 years ago

I was thinking about this thread today as I was washing up my dishes.

"We" have enough dishes, mugs, glasses etc to feed a large family, and fill a dishwasher. Living alone now, do I need all that, taking up space. I love mugs, but since I only use a couple in a day, jeez.

No sets, I'm not into sets I just buy whatever strikes my fancy at the time.

Artemis, I have those plates with the flowers from the 80's!

• Butternut
    5 years ago

this is kind of timely!

When I was a young single, maybe 13-14 years ago, I was at an outlet mall, maybe in NH, can't quite remember. I found a set of Dansk dishes marked way down.

Mine are more gray blue than this photo. I think there were 2 colors of blue.

The set was not ideal for several reasons...The plates were super large, the bowls don't stack, the mugs are too big for a normal person to finish a cup of coffee (though my husband likes them). Through years of use many became chipped and the largest plates did not allow my cabinet door to fully close. We really only ever used the "soup bowls" (top plate in that photo) as a regular plate because we don't like big servings.

So this weekend, at Costco, I picked up 3 sets of these for $14.99 each.

https://www.amazon.com/Denmark-12-Piece-White-Dinnerware-Set/dp/B079C6NQQB

The plates are all normal sized and the bowls stack nicely. My cabinet now closes all the way and they are taking up about half the space. They are a more appropriate size for my young kids. And at that price, if they chip I won't be upset.

And I have the old dishes (minus the mugs..which DH still likes) in the back of my car for drop off at the Salvation Army today! :)

• quasifish
    5 years ago

Our first dishes were some my mother got with coupons she collected from Safeway grocery store. They were stoneware, had brown edging and pretty blue flowers that looked like water colors. They were worn and crazed and chipped after 22 years of hard use (not to mention the set was getting too small from breakage).

Being short, having back problems, and preferring things that are low maintenance, we bought 12 settings of corelle to replace. As much as I love the look and feel of stoneware, I don't think I will ever have anything except corelle ever again. I love it so much for everyday. I am notorious for bouncing dishes on the edge of the counter as I load and unload the dishwasher- the corelle puts up with A LOT of abuse. Below is an image of the pattern we have. They don't make many other supporting pieces, but their frost white is a perfect match colorwise (we bought bread and butter plates that way)

We also have some Mikasa china with gold trim that belonged to DH's grandma. I have it in a cabinet for DD if she wants it eventually. China is beautiful, but not really my style.

• tishtoshnm Zone 6/NM
    5 years ago

When I married 20 some odd years ago, we started off with a Pfaltzgraff pattern with pink flowers. I was 18 at the time and my tastes were all over the place and we were broke. Later, the Pfaltzgraff was replaced with all white dishes from Pier 1. They were a bistro style and they worked well for our lifestyle and were not soooo expensive that if they broke I would be terribly upset. The rims made them a bit larger than I would have liked but it was a minor flaw.

I also found some lovely John Haviland white dishes at an antique store. I adored them and had visions of hunting for more. Unfortunately, this area is just not set up well for that type of search and ebay prices were beyond what I was willing to pay. I am still unwilling to let go of the pieces that I have though, just in case.

Now my everyday china is Fiestaware. I am limiting myself to the colors of scarlet, cobalt and lemongrass. These colors coordinate well together and cover a wide range of decorating options. I love the numerous pieces that are available such as the mini casseroles, fruit bowls, tortilla warmers, the salsa bowls are the perfect size for many things, etc. I also like that they can all go in the oven. I am getting a bit restless though and considering some more accent pieces to go with the sets. Maybe some patterned salad plates or something.

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    5 years ago

Quasifish, my sister's first dishes were the wheat pattern dishes from boxes of Duz detergent, handed down from my mother. Mom also had two different patterns of glassware from Duz -- I still have about half of the gray "Swedish modern" set. I love those glasses although I would prefer a color other than the dark gray -- but I love the feel of them in my hand, the shape, size and weight are perfect. Especially the juice glasses.

• PRO
    4Heidesign
    5 years ago

Since becoming a widow, downsizing tremendously from a 4 bedroom home to a 2 bedroom apartment, I’ve discovered my dining needs have greatly changed. I no longer had room for the massive quantities of china and pottery that I owned. Since my daughter is using/storing my huge antique china cabinet and long sideboard, I gave her my service for 12 of formal Sryacuse “The Hostess” fine china, as she now has the room to store it. I’m using my antique Waldorf Flow Blu pottery shown in the second photo for everyday use, and my antique Flow Blu Burgess & Leigh Middleport Non-Pariel pottery for gatherings of more than 4. I realize this is slightly unconventional, however I’ve always loved this antique pottery and I have plenty of it. It goes in the dishwasher, and even the microwave, and is still in perfect condition. Amazing that something over 140 years old can hold up so well! I had a lovely white china collection from The Palms that I had been using for every day use, that was donated to my niece who was just setting up her first household.

• quasifish
    5 years ago

raee_gw I wasn't familiar with the dishes you mentioned, so looked them up on google- then they did seem familiar, and it looks like they are still loved and popular.

My mother collected the dish sets when us kids were little. My brother had a smaller set from a different grocery store, but one that had a fair amount of value later on. I can't remember what the pattern was called, but it had to do with Americana.

I still have the platter and the best dinner plate from my set- to use as a cake plate. Being short on room, and since they weren't in great shape, I donated the rest of the dishes on. The set had the short cylindrical coffee mugs that were popular in the 70s and early 80s. I loved those and now wish I had kept one or two, though we are drowning in mugs as it is. Oh well, there's always ebay if I ever get nostalgic!

• eandhl2
    5 years ago

First I was given a red transfer set, it looked pink to me & gave it away about a yr later. Then I got Wilton Armatale. Loved it, looked like pewter, oven proof even under the broiler. Our second home we put a DW in & discovered the one thing my plough tavern Armatale couldn't do, go in the DW. It turned it very dark. Cleaned it & it is displayed in my corner cab. Now I have sandstone Corelle. My china is Lenox Weatherly, off white with with platinum ring and I put it the DW have for years with no problem.

• blubird
    5 years ago

My first set of everyday dishes were the same Mikasa as clt3's.

There have been quite few sets (and many years) since those...some from a NYC supermarket, Waldbaums. My current set, and the set I’ve had the longest, is another Mikasa set, Garden Harvest. They do show silverware marks which mostly clean up with Barkeeper,s Friend, but the dishes seem quite sturdy and I’ve had them for several years. My collection has been added to by my sister who doggedly pursued extra pieces to the set all over the eastern seaboard.

• theclose
    5 years ago

My aunt gave my sister service for 4 of Royal Ironware Memory Lane transferware. She then gave it to me and we still use it. It’s from 1965 and I love it. When DH and I married, we registered for Johnson Bros. Asiatic Pheasant in black. Still use and love it. I’d like to get more of it but it is now made in China so I’d like to get vintage pieces. About 10 years ago we purchased Juliska Country Estate pieces. We have dinner plates, soup bowls, and dessert/side plates, as well as some serving pieces. I still adore the pattern but it hasn’t worn as well as our other sets - you can see knife marks which drives DH crazy. All three sets in constant use.

Memory Lane

Asiatic Pheasant

Country Estate

• jojoco
    5 years ago

I grew up eating off of these:

None of wanted the “angry” faced ones, lol. (Some plates had more relaxed faces than others. We had the women plates too.) still my favorite plates.

• theclose
    5 years ago

Jojoco, my mother and I went to Quimper in 2001! Love those plates.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    5 years ago

i love love those Juliska plates, i posted them a while back on here, was thinking of them for thanksgiving iirc

• PRO
    Anglophilia
    5 years ago

I love Juliska and Quimper. Oh, to have more space!

• Saypoint zone 6 CT
    5 years ago

My everyday are Mikasa Italian Countryside.

Special occasions are Haviland Blue Garland, I have a full set with serving pieces, collected over the years.

I also have some Johnson Brothers Blue Willow that I love.

• sableincal
    5 years ago

Theclose - I just came over here from the Replacements site, where I was looking at the pink Memory Lane, which I love! I inherited Johnson Bros Colonial America from my mother and am thinking that Memory Lane might be a nice addition. That pattern brings a smile to my face.

Regarding the problem of being manufactured in China, Replacements lists the country of origin on its transferware, either Britain or China. Items from Britain are still available, TG, because posters on the site are complaining about the inferior quality of transferware coming from China.

I wish that my mother could see this thread. She would be amazed to learn that simple things she treasured 80 years ago are still going strong!

• jojoco
    5 years ago

I can’t believe I’m going to say this but… Last summer I got rid of a whole stack of “memory lane” Juliana dinnerware. I had bought it at a tag sale and had too many other sets at my summer house. I donated it to the Goodwill drop off center in Guilford, CT. Cleary, I didn’t know what I had! I hope I made someone very happy with my donation. As an aside, I’m pretty sure I kept a platter and a covered casserole… I will know when I open my cottage in May.

• sableincal
    5 years ago

Oh Jojoco! But I am sure that yes, you made someone happy!

• User
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Saypoint -- that Haviland was in our grocery store in the 70s and I bought them having just ironstone at the time. There was also a pink one as I recall.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES