SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sleeperblues

"Birdbox" on Netflix

sleeperblues
5 years ago

Have you watched this? Apparently all the rage with 45 million views. Starts Sandra Bullock. I read the book a couple of years ago, thought it was good. I enjoyed it. Kind of creepy. Kind of in the vein of "A Quiet Place" with John Krasinski and Emily Blunt. I watched that on the plane and cried, even though it's a horror movie. It made me realize how naturally beautiful Emily Blunt is. They make a lovely couple.

Comments (20)

• sleeperblues
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Stars, not starts.

• Naomi Hertz
    5 years ago

Was O.K. My daughter made me watch it with her. She loved it. I kept trying not to fall asleep.

• dedtired
    5 years ago

I thought it was good enough. It also made me think of The Quiet Place as well as other movies with the same theme -- escape the monster, protect the kids. The Walking Dead is similar.

• Chi
    5 years ago

I thought it was good. I'm surprised by all the hype.

• Kathsgrdn
    5 years ago

No, but I might eventually.

• girlnamedgalez8a
    5 years ago

I really liked it. Of course, I will watch anything with Sandra Bullock.

• User
    5 years ago

It was okay, but left too many questions unanswered. Like how did all those blind people survive for so long? How did Sandra (what was her name on the show) manage to get all the food from the grocery store to the house for FIVE years? Why did the mentally disabled live? It was a good movie, just a lot of questions.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    5 years ago

We really enjoyed it. They raided houses for food and had a garden. That's all I will say. I do recommend it.

• clearwaters
    5 years ago

Debby, no mystery how the blind survived. They couldn't look into to eyes of the monster.

It was good. Not great. But it was creepy. Only flaw I really saw was that the children didn't age, even though the timeline said 5 years had passed. They should have been at least 10 by that time.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    5 years ago

Yes they left after the children were 5.

• Lily316
    5 years ago

I liked it and thought it similar to A Quiet Place. I too read the book a few years ago and when all the hype happened and I saw a clip with her rowing blindfolded, I remembered the book. As I recall it followed the book closely.

• User
    5 years ago

clearwater, the "things" "monsters" whatevers…………. they were always around. Whoooshing through the trees and the streets making life hard on anyone. While the blind could not see them and were safe, how did they get food? They were so far from anything. The "things" chased the woman and the children through the trees even with the blindfolds on. The blind would have been chased also, and not known exactly where. I don't understand you thinking the kids would be 10 if only 5 years had gone by when they were born, when they left the house to find the sanctuary.

• blfenton
    5 years ago

I saw an interview with Sandra Bullock about this movie and she said it was really difficult but a real learning experience for her in how to act without being able to use her eyes to express emotions. She had to learn other ways to express those same feelings.

• joann_fl
    5 years ago

I liked it

• always1stepbehind
    5 years ago

I thought it was pretty good. I watched A Quiet Place after watching Bird Box and thought it was similar too.

• Chessie
    5 years ago

Only know 2 people that saw it, both thought it was a rip-off of "A Quiet Place".

• OklaMoni
    5 years ago

I never saw a Quiet Place... and I usually like movies with Sandra... but I didn't care for this one.

Like someone above said, there were to many questions... and it had me sitting at the edge of my seat a bunch.

Moni

• sleeperblues
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Hard to be a rip off when the book was written years before that movie came out

• catticusmockingbird
    5 years ago

Not a fan of Sandra Bullock. She seems like a great person, but I just don't care for her movies.

Apparently no shortage of idiots taking the Bird Box challenge.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/1/3/18166594/bird-box-challenge-netflix-tweet-instagram-tiktok-youtube-morgan-adams

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County