SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

Seeking a Carrot quick bread

A local ethnic grocery that carries breads and pastries from a number of Chicago eastern European bakeries used to have something called a "carrot loaf". It sliced cleanly and was great spread with cream cheese. It was fantastic. And $$$. But they must have lost that vendor because I have not seen it there in years.

I make banana bread, but I don’t always have bananas on hand. But I always have carrots.

What I liked about the one I used to buy: moist, dense, not too sweet. Not cake. It was suitable for breakfast. It was great spread with cream cheese: the fact that you COULD spread it with cream cheese meant the crumb or consistency was a quick bread and not a cake. The density was just like good banana bread.

The COLOR was medium to dark brown like carrot cake.

It had raisins in it and walnuts. If there was crushed pineapple or coconut in it I couldn’t tell. It could have, but just was not distinguishable. You could see the shreds of carrot in it.

If anyone has a recipe for a good moist carrot quick bread – not cake - please chime in! Thanks !

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz