SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thechanginghouse

Stair Runner on Wood Stairs - Need Help

Maria
5 years ago

Hi all,

I have a very basic staircase - nothing fancy - that is currently hardwood only and VERY slippery. We need a runner asap as I've slipped and fallen, our dog has fallen, and it's overall a safety issue.

Husband and I are both very handy, but I'd prefer hiring someone to come and do it right.

Question is -- who installs stair runners? I've tried googling, but answer isn't clear. Is it a 'carpet installation' company?

And, any guess as to how much it would cost to have it installed? I can purchase the material myself (have been scoping out Dash & Albert for some time), but really just need someone to come in and measure, tell me how much fabric/padding I need to buy, and then install it correctly. Some research showed me that it can cost about $300-400 for the install, which would be great, but I don't know how true that is.

Our staircase is 14 steps, no landing, just straight up and down. Steps are about 41" wide, 9.5" deep, with 7" risers.

I don't need an exact quote obviously, just a ballpark so I can get an idea -- i.e. if it's $300-500 then it's doable but if it could run into the $1,000's just for the install, then husband and I can look into installing it ourselves.

Thanks!

Comments (2)