SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teriziegler

Paint color advice

Teri Ziegler
5 years ago

I am looking for advice on colors to paint the outside of my house and the inside walls. What are some calming comforting serene white paint colors you all would recommend for the inside of my home? I've been leaning toward BM simply white, pure White or Dove White for inside. I just want the whole inside to be the same color. I was thinking of using alabaster for the trim with the White Walls. I am open to suggestions.
I'm deliberating on the outside also. Our home sits in the middle of a forest area and we are on a 5-acre lake. originally we were going to choose an exterior color that blended in with nature and our landscape, but I've decided that all of those colors are too dark for me.
The Hardie board siding is gray right now but that's just the primer. I don't really care for gray or I would use this color.
We have white trim around the windows and doors and we would like to put shakes in the peaks on the ends. Lately I've been thinking an all white exterior would be beautiful in this setting. Our roof is a medium brown color.
for the shakes that we want to put in the gable areas, if I paint the house White, what it be too much white to also paint the shakes White or possibly get shakes that look like they have a grain to them, like the ones in this color chart?
I know I've thrown a lot out there, but that's why I'm asking because I need to pull this together in the next few weeks so that we can buy the paint and be ready for the next step.

Comments (8)