SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancyburridge

Advice on Houzz

nancyburridge
5 years ago

I was quite dissapointed several weeks ago when I posted a question asking about the recommended height from a range top to a custom hood and mantle. I made the error of posting photos of my kitchen. It seems some of the professionals on Houzz ignored the question I asked and took it upon themselves to bash the design of my kitchen. One man said, "Oh Boy! Where do I start!" Another told me to remove my cabinets and switch them around. I did not ask any of you for your opinion about my design. My design was commented upon very favorably by two kitchen designers I took it to for other specific products. In fact, one marveled at the detail of my design and said it was one of the best designed kitchens she had ever seen.

There was one exception to this negativity last year when a gentleman answered my question about my range in a polite and concise manner and I greatly appreciated that he answered my question thoroughly and added nothing more.

I have both purchased items and used the photos on house for inspiration, but sadly, I have quite often observed such negativity in response to questions from others seeking advice that I will not ask any more questions, neither will I post photos or recommend this site to others unless I issue a caveat specifically not to ask for advice.

My advice to the pros on this site is if you wish to attract prospective clients, perhaps first offer courtesy and refrain from unsolicited and unwanted advice. I hope that Houzz can rein in these 'unprofessional comments' before many more individuals lose respect for this site altogether.

Comments (20)