SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
garhett

Something's off with my elevation??

RVP LLC
5 years ago

Hi Friends, I need this community's assistance. We're in the process of designing a custom home and I can't seem to get the elevation quite right. We're in Texas and going for a look we call Hill Country Contemporary which has some mild (I hate to say it) "Farmhouse" elements but is less trendy and we hope will stand the test of time much better. (I'll try to attach a few inspiration pics too.)

Here's the first floor plan so you all can get a better feel of how the elevation ties in.

We can't find a good resolution for the roof over the garage because we don't want it to be the focal point of the home. In the current elevation, the roof slopes up and then flattens out near the top to expose more of the second floor. I think that's going to look exceptionally odd and not work well. Doing a gable would be the dominant feature so I'm stuck there.

Also, the second floor seems huge compared to the first floor. Maybe that's just me.

A few thoughts i have is to lower the roof pitches to 6/12 (vs. 12/12 now) and maybe reduce the width of the gable on the second floor so its more in scale.

I greatly appreciate the advice of this group.

Comments (18)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH