SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katrina_ellen

Problem with cat marking indoors

5 years ago

I posted previously about a cat that had been left behind by a neighbor who was feeding the cat and letting him live in her garage. He was never let into her house. She fed him approx. 10 years. Before that another neighbor had taken him from a friend who had him as a barn cat. I found out he is approx. 13 years old, so a senior cat now. Anyways, he used the litter box now and all is good except that he keeps marking in my house, which is mainly new carpet I had installed. He has no idea he is doing something wrong and I have not been able to stop him. I really cannot afford to replace my floors with something that is not carpet over this, so unless there is a solution out there I am either going to have to try and find another home for him with someone who is ok with the marking - maybe no carpeting, or take him to a no kill shelter I know of. Anyone out there experienced this and knows how to keep the cat from marking? This is the first cat I have ever had, I have no other animals and live alone. I still let him out at night when he wants to go out but other than that he is in all day when I am at work and he is good with it, he just wants to go out at night to check and see if any "bad kitties" have invaded his territory, lol. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Comments (5)