SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debijoy91

I made the mistake of buying kitchen cabinets from Home Depot

deb debra
5 years ago

I purchased my kitchen cabinets and granite countertops from Home Depot and it has been a nightmare. I had heard stories from many people that having a carpenter make your cabinets was risky. So for that reason and many others I went to the only store in our area that sold wood cabinets and promised excellent service, Home Depot. Three times the HD kitchen contractor made an appointment to measure my kitchen and all three of which he cancelled 20 minutes before the appointed meting. After ordering, the cabinets did not all arrive at the same time so the store kept the cabinets in their warehouse until the order was complete. During the wait time, as many as 15 cabinet doors were scratched and/or damaged in the warehouse. One cabinet was dented, scraped down the side and the back panel broken. The designer asked if I would accept a discount for the broken cabinet, Really? I paid over $25,000 for the cabinets (no matter what I paid a consumer expects an undamaged product). When the cabinets were finally delivered I found the workmanship to be substandard. The replacement doors were ordered two and a half months ago. I went to HD to purchase light bulbs and the kitchen designer saw me. She proceeded to tell me that the replacement doors had arrived and asked when did I want to pick them up. She also mentioned that the granite I ordered and paid for weeks prior, was more expensive than she quoted because the granite contractor found his measurements did not agree with her design. Calmly, I told her that I had already paid my contractor to install the kitchen and I was not going to pay him again. I told her that HD should send the doors with an installer. I then asked her what was the discrepancy in the measurements of the granite. Unable to answer my questions she said she would let me know. I did not hear anything from the kitchen designer. I returned to the store and spoke to the store manager who promised to get back to me by Monday, that was two and a half weeks ago. There has not been any follow up, email or phone call from the kitchen designer nor the store manager. I am still living without a cooktop, sink or countertops. I have called the HD corporate office asking for contact info to reach the Regional manager. The corporate Coustomer service agent said that she did not know his name and she made no move to find out. I just got the runaround but she wanted all of my information. I have no kitchen for the holidays and I made this purchase in July. I sorely regret this purchase.

Comments (25)