SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jcllark1

Kinetico Bypass Valve

JERALD CLARK
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Just wanted to think all the folks that have posted advice and tech help for Kinetico water softeners. I purchased a used Mach 2060s about 6 years ago . The unit would never hold soft water between regenerations.I decided it must be the resin. I replaced the resin which helped but still not right. Next I replaced the quad seals and a few other parts . Still no change . I decided to just live with it until I found a good deal on a used 4040 OD . After re bedding the resin and carbon I put it in service using the bypass from the previous unit only to discover I had the same problem as the previous one. After a lot of research on this and other forums I discovered Kinetico bypass valves can be set up to crossover causing the service water to enter into the outlet of the softener .The post I read was about an older design with a gray handle,but it seems if the valve turns 360 degrees it can be setup to crossover. After disconnecting the bypass I discovered that it had indeed been setup to crossover sending the water the wrong direction. After correcting my mistake the system is now functioning as designed. I am not sure I would have ever discovered the problem without the informative information found on the forum.Maybe someone can learn from my mistakes . My local dealer was actually quite helpful. Probably the reason Kinetico took away his franchise

Comment