SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marilyn_sue

How is your weather where you are today?

It is just nasty today, breezy, snow and rain that does not stick and just enough to be wet and cold out. How is your weather?

Sue in Central Indiana

Comments (69)

• georgysmom2
    5 years ago

It was rainy this morning but temps were in the 60's. Tomorrow night it's going down to 31. I see some soup days ahead. bought everything I need to make Manhattan clam chowder.

• Related Discussions

How is Your Weather Today?

Q

Comments (20)
    We're getting another winter storm here on the coast of NC. Getting ice, but no snow this close to the coast. Some of the counties just inland from us are getting several inches. It was starting to ice around lunchtime. I told my supervisor around 2pm that I was going home so I could get across the bridges before they iced. Good thing, because several accidents were later reported on the big bridge I use. I was planning to print something out to work on at home, but as I started back to my office the power went out. My office is delayed until 12pm tomorrow, but if things continue as they are I'll be surprised if we open.
    ...See More

How Is Your Weather Today?

Q

Comments (6)
    North of Chicago: We've had four glorious days of Goldilocks' *just right* warm weather with clear skies and low humidity, but today the humidity is starting to creep up. We're to have near 90F this weekend. No rain until possibly Monday night. (We need rain again.) Nice weather, but...my sinuses have been just *awful* so I can't really enjoy being outdoors. Curious to see if this abates when we have to have the A/C on this weekend.
    ...See More

Q

Comments (13)
    It's 86 here in Tyler w/o a cloud in the sky. I sat out on the deck b/c it was so pleasant after all the 100+ days we've had. I have some wind chimes I love to listen to. I've been to work out, and am trying to put this house back in order after being out of commission for a while w/ illness and a hospital stay. Would like to have a maid come clean this place up, but I'm afraid when I opened the door for her, she would run screaming out of the house. LOL So, I'll have to gradually do it myself, and by the time I get to the last room, the first room will need it again. You just can't win!! LOL
    ...See More

Q

Comments (19)
    Cold and windy. I ran out earlier in jeans and a sweatshirt and was cold. I turned the heat on this morning and left it on. It is 44 right now and 2 days ago it was 85! Supposed to get below 32 tonight and tomorrow night.
    ...See More
  • OklaMoni
    5 years ago

I felt like it was darn cold out this morning when I got in my car to drive home. I stayed over in Amarillo, from my Thanksgiving trip in Albuquerque.

I am home now. Seems like I missed the cold windy days here. I still have somewhat of a head ache, and finally took something. First, I tried to get rid of it by a nice long walk, in the cold air... but that didn't work this time.

Moni

• skibby (zone 4 Vermont)
    5 years ago

We have a winter storm warning issued now until tomorrow night. Temps are right around the freezing mark so we're getting rain, snow, sleet and freezing rain. Not much happening yet but it will turn into a mess. Our road crews are champions though, so we're pretty confident driving. Most folks just slow down and drive the conditions. The worrisome part is the heavy, wet snow that will likely cause power outages. It was quite foggy here today which isn't typical and was kind of pretty in winter.

• OutsidePlaying
    5 years ago

Windy and cold, and was in the low 40’s and overcast all day. Not freezing yet, but supposed to tonight and will be cold tomorrow. Back up to 60 by the weekend. Typical.

• lindaohnowga
    5 years ago

Sunny today which was very deceiving making it look like a nice warm day. It wasn't. It was mid-forties and going down to 29 tonight. Oh brrrrrr. So much for the south being "warm".

• Fun2BHere
    5 years ago

Sunny with a high of 74º F.

• blfenton
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

BC coast - like everyone else in the PNW this is the beginning of our fall rainstorms. Bucketing rain (that's worse than pouring rain) and high winds this afternoon and through the night. Unfortunately it is above average temps so this is also rain on the local mountains and rain to the top of Whistler/Blackcomb. It should be cooler so as to be snowing at this time at the top.

• Olychick
    5 years ago

Same as Blfenton, windy, really rainy, mid 50's F. Power was out all afternoon, finally came back on, but it knocked out my internet modem, so just got that fixed. No water when the power is out, can now resume laundry, take a shower and turn on the dishwasher. I feel so lucky to live where I do and can afford housing and those labor saving luxuries - I can really appreciate them when they are inaccessible for even a few hours.

Finally built a fire in the woodstove, so it's toasty warm and I was able to heat up some salmon and broccoli leftovers on top of it, for my lunch.

• greenshoekitty
    5 years ago

As the BC coast, this is the start of our fall, rain all around us but it it dry with heavy winds. Lots of power out all over the county. On the Seattle news they say we are in the donut hole.

• Lars
    5 years ago

I had the A/C on this afternoon - it got up to 77° outdoors, and it was too hot inside for me to do use my elliptical machine without A/C. Plus I made the mistake of starting to make some duck broth without using the pressure cooker, but I switched that as soon as I realized it was making the kitchen too hot, and I opened some windows.

• cooper8828
    5 years ago

Low fifties and sunny here today. I think it will be about 25 tonight. SE NM and we could sure use some of that rain!

• tennessee_swift
    5 years ago

50 in the morning, today’s high was 75.

• Kathsgrdn
    5 years ago

Cold here, 32, feels like 24.

• secsteve
    5 years ago

Blowing Rain most of the day. Our front and back yards haven't really had a chance to dry out since Spring.

I normally don't mind rain, but this year has been an exception. I lost all of my glads due to the ground never really drying out. Those that did come up either didn't bloom or had very small blooms. When digging them up, most of the corms were rotten.

• roy4me
    5 years ago

It was warm and sunny here today on the beautiful central coast of California.

I had the windows open.

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    5 years ago

I love the central coast!

Here it started out 41F and raining steadily -- by 10am was flurrying then sleeting , kept alternating as the wind picked up and the temps dropped to 31 by mid afternoon. By 4 it was just snowing, and starting to stick by 6pm.

It was 50 yesterday. On my way out to do an errand at 3 it was sleeting. blowing and just about 32F -- I passed a little boy ( looked about 2nd grade) running home from school, already he was a quarter mile away, dressed in only a Tshirt and shorts!!! Did his parents not see the forecast? And I couldn't offer him a ride, because I am a complete stranger :( .

• glenda_al
    5 years ago

COLD

• chisue
    5 years ago

It's February here again, according to the Chicago Tribune/WGN-TV weatherman, Tom Skilling. Real temp tonight will be 10F. Rare for us not to have a window open in our MBR.

We got 4" of snow from the Big Blizzard. Living close and west of Lake Michigan (40F water temp) protects us. Now we have snow and frozen slush. Only a few miles W-NW of us there are people who will not get power restored before Thursday night. Our Jr. High math teacher DIL and our grands were off school yesterday -- no heat in the buildings. DS found me a new, cheap HP laptop online; I'll have to learn Windows 10.

• PRO
    Anglophilia
    5 years ago

It's cold and snowing lightly!

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    5 years ago

I like to think of it as festive. Cold enough I needed to wear gloves, hat, and scarf. We don't get too much of that. Anything below 32 is what I mean. After having lived in tropical and coastal temps, I like crisp cold air during the holidays. Not snowing today-sunny! :)

• Lars
    5 years ago

This morning's low was 58°, and it will be back in the mid 70s this afternoon again. Still hoping for rain tomorrow.

• tami_ohio
    5 years ago

We had rain and snow yesterday/last night. Today is grey and cold. We are to get more snow tonight. NC Ohio

5 years ago

We've got about a foot of snow so far at my house. Other areas received over 2 feet. The storm warning is in effect until tonight but it will still be snowing for a couple of days. Heavy, wet snow has caused downed power lines leaving 30,000 without electricity. Our power companies are highly experienced in handling this - sort of electricity/lumber jacks. Our local radio station just went off the air so obviously something's happened there. I'll be making soup stock today and finishing up some reading. It sure is white out there! Pretty though, but ask me again in January. Be smart and stay safe everyone.

• DawnInCal
    5 years ago

As promised by the weather forecast, we are getting heavy rain today. The sound of rain pounding on the roof woke me up around 5:00a.m. Hearing the rain and snuggling deeper into my nest of pillows and blankets is such a cozy feeling that I didn't really want to get up at all this morning!

• matthias_lang
    5 years ago

Littlebug, how is your weather now? I'm in eastern MO, and we did not get any of that snow you got. Today it is chilly --28F at noon-- sunny and breezy. I've got to get out for some sun in my eyes or I will feel like a slug.

• deeebert
    5 years ago

In a north suburb of Atlanta it is 39 now but feels like 31. The sky is blue but the winds are brisk, leaves are falling off trees at a rapid rate and its cold for us.

5 years ago

Struggling to reach 30F today, intermittent snow flurries and just light air movement. Forecast for 21F overnight. Local forecast is calling for warm (up to 50) again and rain Fri-Mon. I need one more warmer, dry day to finish moving leaves into the planting beds and stuffing straw around the blueberry pots.

• User
    5 years ago

We’re hoovering at 32-33 and winds at 20ish miles per hour. Temps feel like 17 with the wind chill. After being in it all day for work, I’m finding it hard to warm up. When I got home I found our driveway glazed with ice patches.

• User
    5 years ago

in was in the 40's and above today but we are going down to the 30's tonight or in the morning, then up in the 70's again on Saturday. That Florida.

• Kathsgrdn
    5 years ago

It had snowed sometime early in the day when I was sleeping and again on my way to work this afternoon. Not a lot. It's 20 now and my phone says feels like 10.

• sheilajoyce_gw
    5 years ago

Coastal southern California, low 70s today and in the 50s tonight. Storm arriving tomorrow night for a few days. It will be too much rain, I fear, for the burn areas who face possible mud slides.

• Marilyn Sue McClintock
    Original Author
    5 years ago

It is 18 degrees out today!

Sue in Central Indiana

5 years ago

It was around 20F this am when I got up, breezy and still snow showers. Now it is up to 27 and the sun is shining, still with some large puffy clouds flying through. While it was still low 20s I bundled up in my wool socks, snow boots, thermal leggings, fleece sweat pants, wool sweater, Eddie Bauer goosedown coat, wool undergloves and rag wool overgloves, and lastly a knit beanie topped with a fleece balaclava -- then filled up the bird feeders, took an item over to a neighbor's, then went for a brisk 1 mile around the block. It felt good and I wasn't cold at all although my glasses wanted to steam up -- had to adjust the balaclava down a bit.

• phoggie
    5 years ago

What a blessing! Sun shining, light wind, and the ice/snow melted on the north side of my house!

• maifleur01
    5 years ago

I think it was in the low 30's today. This was an interesting snow event. It was in the 30's when it started and there is a layer of mixed ice and snow under the 4-6 inches of snow. I have icicles hanging from the outside of the gutters where it froze before the rain could enter them. I would never suggest Gutter Covers for areas that have ice/snow events. When it freezes ice will form on both sides of the slit water is supposed to enter the gutter and will block the entry. Can cause ice dams to enter under the roofing if you do not have heat tape installed. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 40's which will melt some but it is a toss up if we receive rain or more snow from the system that currently is forecast for Friday.

Today was the first day that I went any where since the snow on Sunday and noticed unlike most years there are still ridges of ice between lanes and wheel tracks on the main highway 169 that I was on. City streets had some ice when I started out but was gone except on the edges of the streets when I came home about 3. I do not know what the state people are doing this year but whatever it is it is not working.

• lisa_fla
    5 years ago

It’s cold for Orlando! It was 48 when I walked the dog tonight. It only got into the 50’s today. Low of 41 tonight and in the 60’s tomorrow.

5 years ago

Maifleur, oh no! the gutter covers I had installed this past spring are the type with small slits that are raise on one side. Already I am concerned because I still had to climb up and clean them -- sections were clogged with the small locust tree leaves, the raised perforations seemed to grab and hold them. And I cut my finger on them too! I am wondering if they were installed upside down!

• maifleur01
    5 years ago

raee you can do a search and the picture will show how they should look like after installed but the mention of perforations sound like it is not the type I have. There are several different types but what I have is the brand Gutter Cover.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    5 years ago

Houston area today warm in the high to mid 70's but very dreary and misty. Not a good day to be out. We went to the grocery store and back home.

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    5 years ago

Weather was relatively decent today........pretty typical for a PNW late November, just without the constant rain that can be tiresome. And that was a good thing, as we needed to excavate a small final resting place for my beloved cat, who finally ran out of lives at the age of 15. Managed to get that done and the sad task completed before the rain started up again late in the afternoon.

• josephene_gw
    5 years ago

I’m sorry about your cat gardengal.

its hard letting furbabies go.

here 80 mi west of Abq its about 29.

Walked the dogs cleaned the yard now waiting for snow, just hope we get some.

happy Birthday to me, happy birthday to me. Lol

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    5 years ago

Thanks, Josephene. And many happy returns to you!! Hope you have something fun planned.

He was a pretty great cat. Easily the best of any I've had the privilege to know and live with. He thought he was more dog than cat....came when called, liked to accompany my dog and I on walks, played 'fetch' and was a superior hunter. Affectionate, attentive and adaptable - easily tolerated the 5 moves in the last 10 years.

He and the dog were best friends. They groomed each other, played together and often shared a bed. The dog is pining a bit too, wandering the house looking for him. I will evetually get him a new cat companion.

Thought I might plant some catmint in spring to mark his grave. He didn't really care about it (or catnip) but it seems appropriate somehow :-) And it is a space that could accommodate a robust, long flowering perennial like that.

5 years ago

Happy Birthday Josephene and condolences Gardengal. It is overcast and gray today but with all the bright snow it isn't dreary. Many still without power here and shelters are available to those who need them. Moderate temps - mid 30's.

• Elmer J Fudd
    5 years ago

Sorry about your cat.

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    5 years ago

Thank you, Elmer. Kind of you to say. And also to you, skibby.

• jemdandy
    5 years ago

North part of Waukesha co., WI. We were at the north edge of the snow storm. We got cold wind and 1/2 inch of snow. The main part of the snow was south of us. Racine and Kenosha counties (in Wisc) and Chicago got hit. O'Hare field closed for a time Sunday night; 600 flights were canceled giving fits to holiday travelers.

• User
    5 years ago

Today, right now, it's -4C and will be snowing all day. ALL. DAY. The temperature it is right now is the warmest it will be today. It's dipping down to -7C later.

• DawnInCal
    5 years ago

I'm sorry for the loss of your cat, gardengal. I'm sure you will make his final resting place a lovely spot.

We woke up to a dusting of snow this morning. It's stopped now, but was really coming down for a while. Hard to believe it was only a couple of weeks ago that we were on a red flag fire warning.

• Elmer J Fudd
    5 years ago

Where in California are you to have snow? I'm in an admittedly mild area, but it's mid-50s-60 here. Are you in the far north mountains near Oregon or the Sierra?