SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katrinavhh

Right prices, process for buying used Wolf/Subzero appliances?

katrinavhh
5 years ago

A beloved cooking store and showroom is closing a location near me, and the only silver lining might be that they are selling the installed appliances at this exact time I am renovating a house. The appliances have been used in the demonstration kitchen for 2-7 years (see below) and I am wondering how to think about their value/price? I listed them below and would really appreciate any comments - prices look OK? Good? A little high? What sounds right to you all?

Also, is there anything I need to know about this kind of process? I've bought floor models before but nothing that's been used. I've asked about repair histories and so far the feedback is that they are all clear (I will get confirmation tomorrow). The shop owner recommends using the Subzero/Wolf installer they use when they sell new appliances to uninstall them at the store, store the units for the time I need to be ready for install, then reinstall in the new kitchen. If I make sure they are clean, etc. is storage an issue? Anything I should be prepared for/do to make sure it goes as smoothly as possible?

FWIW, the store and its owner have a great reputation around town. I am really sad to see them go because they were right next to my grocery store which made running in for a quick utensil or small appliance so easy and fun! I'd love to outfit my budget reno with these appliances unless it's too risky or an obviously bad idea or overpriced. Thanks so much for any advice/thoughts.

Subzero 36" Built-in Over and Under RF and Freezer

BI-36U/S

September 2011

$5999

Wolf 36" Transitional Induction Cooktop

C1365T/S

August 2015

$1999

Wolf 24" E Series Transitional Convection Steam Oven

CSO24TE/S/TH

2015/2016 (date uncertain)

$2500