SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bartowchurch

Wolf AG Oven Re-Ignition/Pre-Heating Question

B C
5 years ago

Hi. Any Wolf AG Range users out there that can help provide some insight on an ongoing issue/annoyance? Our Wolf GR366, which is new, re-ignites the gas in the oven every 5 minutes after pre-heating to the desired temperature. So literally every 5 minutes (ive timed it) after the temperature is reached the pre-heat light goes back on and it's 'click-click-click-click-poof. It then pre-heats again for about :60, the light goes off and then four minutes later the cycle begins again.

I understand that the stove must reignite from time to time to maintain the temperature, but this seems excessive and is quite annoying to hear 12 times during an hour of baking. Does everyone else with a gas Wolf oven (or other ranges) experience this? Is it something that I'll just need to get used too?

I did call Wolf and the rep said it was normal for it to relight every so often, but every 5 minutes seemed too often. She thought it might be a safety feature where excess gas is detected and it's re-lighting it to burn it off so it does not build up. They suggested I have an approved tech come out. I did and he told me it was absolutely normal for it to re-ignite this often to maintain consistent temperature. Said the range had no issues and there was nothing more he could do.

Thank you for any insight and happy Thanksgiving!

Comments (13)