SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sweetverve

Help with master bathroom layout

5 years ago

Love the advice I get on here, so I am back for more.

As part of our house remodel, we're moving our laundry room upstairs. We will build a laundry closet off the upstairs hallway, and have the W/D stacked in there. This closet will be "carved out" of existing master bath. So, the master bath needs to be re-jiggered as well. This is where I need some help.

This is what the master bath will look like after the laundry closet addition:

(The future laundry closet is what's creating the cut-out in the upper left corner)

The toilet stays where it is currently, and will end up being in a little nook.

We would like a vanity with two sinks and a walk-in shower. No tub.

The wall to the left of the door opening can accommodate a 60" vanity. I understand that's the minimum for double sinks. In this case, shower goes into the corner in front of the door, and will have a window inside of it. Like this:

Another option is to swap the vanity and shower. This would allow us to have a longer vanity with more counter space. The drawback is that I don't know what to do with the second window. If the vanity is against that wall, I'm assuming there will be a large mirror above it, so the second window will have to go. Another concern with this layout is whether we will constantly bump into the vanity corner on our way to the toilet.

Thoughts?

Comments (10)