SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_682810711

Need Paint Color Advice

Ruth F
5 years ago

I want to repaint the common areas and hallways of my house. The house is 8 years old and is standard builder beige. It is currently painted BM Lenox Tan with Dulux Lyric Trim (almost the color of standard switch plates). I do not wish to repaint the trim, just freshen the walls. My cabinetry is is soft maple stained Burnt Sugar, flooring is American West Birch Aspen - All medium brown,. Kitchen countertops are Desert Brown granite, Basement kitchenette counter tops are Milano laminate. My carpet (in the family room is a color called French Toast whichI think is a Shaw color).

My main floor gets very little light. It's open plan but has small windows in front door, casement window above sink, french doors into a screened porch and 2 small 2' X 3' windows over built ins in the family room. The second floor and daylight basement have normal light.

My kids rooms are painted SW Veiled Violet and SW Mindful Gray and both look fine with the carpet - no weird undertones.

I have sample boards painted of BM Revere Pewter (too gray), BM Edgecomb Grey (like it but not sure it's right for my situation), SW Accessible Beige (leaning towards this one), SW Agreeable Gray (too gray I think), SW Worldly Gray (maybe...), SW Balanced Beige (too dark), and SW Loggia (my neighbor has this color - looks beige with gray undertones, looks lovely in her house but she has more light than I do - it seems too dark in my house).

My concerns are coordinating with my very medium brown granite countertops (with black and caramel specks) in my kitchen - currently have a painted backsplash; not making my carpet pop some weird undertone as we're not replacing right now, coordinating with my medium brown wood tones and beige trim, and lightening up my walls.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Comments (13)