SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shedrach

Refrigerator got suddenly cold..now fridge and freezer not cold enough

5 years ago

Preface...no problems with the fridge for years. The other day I pulled a few items out of the fridge and found them frozen (or close to freezing). I wondered if I had bumped against the temp control knob (by mistake) and dialed it back slightly. The next day both the fridge (and freezer) seemed slightly warmer. I turned the thermostat back down (to where it was before) and something seems to be amiss. The fridge temp seems to hovering in the low 40's. Ice still freezes (in the freezer) but just barely. Containers of frozen yogurt seem slightly on the "soft" side. The unit itself is a Frigidaire model number FRT21P5ABA. It is a standard "freezer above/fridge below" model. Opening the freezer door I hear a fan (or blower) roaring loudly. The fridge (below) seems a bit quiter than normal (although I can feel cold air coming from above in the back of the refrigerated area). My instincts are telling me to throw all the fridge contents into ice chests (for 24 hours) and let the fridge sit unplugged for that time...before "rebooting". Not sure. Any advice appreciated. Cheers.

Comments (9)