SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
montanacourtney13

Kitchen Design: Countertop Material Quartz or Granite

Courtney Feldt
5 years ago

Working though a million decisions on my new house and am finally stymied by countertops. Quartz or granite. I am drawn to matte finish and currently have Absolute Black honed countertops which look amazing with my cherry cabinets. However, they show every fingerprint. My new kitchen cabinets are also cherry, flooring vg fir, I have tons of natural light, and I am torn between a few different looks: Caesarstone Rugged Concrete (textured quartz), Pental Coastal Grey Honed, or sticking with Absolute Black granite but leathered finish. I am not drawn to shiny counters so I do not want gloss finish and I do not like a lot of movement in the countertop materials. I've read lots of terrible reviews about honed quartz but there's not a lot of info about the textured Rugged Concrete Caesarstone. I have a sample that is holding up well but it's so hard to tell with a coaster size sample.
Attaching a couple pics of my kitchen lay out. I have the Zephyr Anzio Hood going above the island. Thanks for your input.

Below is my current kitchen that shows AB honed with cherry and vg fir floors.

Comments (10)