SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anniedeighnaugh

I'll Show You Mine/You Show Me Yours - T 10/30

Annie Deighnaugh
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Also from the NYBG....supposed to be the largest pumpkin in the world in 2018 and the largest ever grown in N. America at 2,528 lbs or the weight of 2 grizzlies. That's a LOT of pies!!

Comments (20)

• lgmd_gaz
    5 years ago

If the rain ever stops, hopefully there will still be some fall color outside to take pictures of.

The latest puzzle.

• Summer
    5 years ago

Pumpkin display at the Apple Barn

• jim_1 (Zone 5B)
    5 years ago

Gathering celery seed near Santa Ynez, California

• OklaMoni
    5 years ago

• susanwv
    5 years ago

Along the front walk, mums are fading now, sadly

• Alisande
    5 years ago

Jim, that's interesting. I never imagined how celery seed was collected.

Speaking of seed, I took this yesterday. I won't hang the bird feeders until the bears are settled in hibernation, and the hungry birds have been raiding the cat food dishes on the porch. So I put some sunflower seeds on the porch railing for them. It disappears quickly!

• nicole___
    5 years ago

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    5 years ago

A little of my Halloween decorations. The rat talks. Says 3 different things one of which includes a loud belch. The duct tape on his tale is because of the abundance of loving gotten from neighborhood children. :) The green/blue pumpkin is a first for me this year. I really like it. The farmer told me it makes the best pumpkin pie.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Love nut hatches!

• JoanMN
    5 years ago

These 2 came out from under our house...only saw them one day. Mom probably moved them.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    5 years ago

A beach-side pumpkin patch. The community here participates and all of the small 'pumpkins' have signatures of the folks that added their art to the main exhibit.

A beautiful day!

• glenda_al
    5 years ago

Zuppa! It is fall and time for my favorite, which is Tuscan bean soup. Big pot for a friend, yesterday.

• bob_cville
    5 years ago

Following my post yesterday about the museum in Brazil that burned, I'll post some pictures from my visit to the Rio Zoo which is adjacent to the museum. I've selected some that are inspired by each of the images above:

The grizzly bear weighs about 1/2 of what a giant pumpkin weighs:

these are flowers that were growing in the zoo:

these fun-shaped trash receptacles look sort of like a row of pumpkins:

Guys working with plants ... they are feeding the giraffe

A bright red thing in the middle of the picture ... well orange anyway.

A pathway ... a road curving up a hill just outside the park

A bird on a railing ... This looks like a nuthatch's big brother.

A laughing rat ... A rodent that you wouldn't laugh about

kittens ... a feral cat that was sleeping in the zoo

no sand sculptures in the zoo, but after leaving there we stopped back at our hotel on Copacabana Beach which had this view

• kittywhiskers
    5 years ago

Finished this one yesterday.

• gyr_falcon
    5 years ago

A brief standoff. Two coyotes were being chased by this dog, but one coyote began howling and within a few minutes it became 3-to-1 engagement.

• sjerin
    5 years ago

Alisande, my mom used to spread out some seed on her back deck railing for the birds, especially when things froze. It seemed to work well, though I understand your concern about the bears! I don't recall why she did this on top of using a feeder. Nice pictures, everyone!

• DawnInCal
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

A giant cornucopia at a maple syrup farm in Vermont:

• skibby (zone 4 Vermont)
    5 years ago

Dawn - I've been there many times. It's a popular local attraction and fun to visit. Nice pic!

• DawnInCal
    5 years ago

Thanks, skibby!

We had a great day exploring the farm - love Vermont!