SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer_dejong93

Budget kitchen update

jennifer de jong
5 years ago

We would like to update our kitchen with new paint, backsplash and curtains. It has been 15 years and I can't handle the color anymore! With the warm tone cabinets, wood floor and current paint nothing grabs your attention. I would like to go with a neutral paint color. We have a semi open concept layout so I was thinking of bringing the paint color into those areas as well. Also, I would like to do a backsplash of some sort. We have laminate counter tops that are very neutral. They have white, gray and tan flecks. Since the countertops have the attached 3" backsplash splash, will a tile backsplash look odd? I was thinking a white subway tile with a darker grout to tie in the cabinets. Another option I was throwing around was a white beadboard backsplash if the tile backsplash wouldn't look good with the current laminate backsplash on the countertops. Also, would like some new curtains and might as well update thelight fixture and lamps. Was think going neutral tones with those too. And another idea I was throwing around was painting the island a different color (a neutral, white, cream, possibly gray...do you see a pattern!) I attached pics of the kitchen, the countertops and the adjoing rooms. Any suggestions??? Thanks in advance.

Comments (14)