SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
quasifish

How should I handle this return? (ebay)

quasifish
5 years ago

DD has been using cheapie rubber styluses with her laptop and wanted something a little higher quality, with more options. After doing a bit of research, we found a nice set of highly rated styluses that was around $25. This is not one with a battery, just a universal type for capacitive screens.

The set arrived the other day and does not work at all well with her computer. It does not work well with my tablet or any of the other devices we tried it on either. Given the online ratings, and the relatively simple nature of the product I'm surprised that it works so poorly. In fact, after dinner we put together a makeshift stylus with a q-tip and some aluminum foil that literally works 100 times better than the $25 one.

I want to return this one. It was purchased on ebay, but drop shipped from Amazon, who drop shipped it from the manufacturer. Obviously I need to go through ebay and the original seller, but I can't determine how to return it- reasoning and whether I pay the shipping or the seller. I feel the item is either defective or not as described, but given the nature of computer accessories, maybe it is just fussy with all our devices? What reasoning would you give to return the item, and who do you think should be responsible for return shipping costs?

Comments (17)