SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robinlmorris

Help! Shower Glass Choices. Too many choices, not enough info!

Robin Morris
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

The time has come to pick out the shower glass for our two showers. Based on very old threads I asked the glass guy about Shower Guard. He said that he hasn't installed Shower Guard for years because it is old tech and that the low iron Shower Guard glass (Ultra) is still greenish. He recommends Starphire glass with Clean X's Invisible Shield. He said that if I clean regularly with their cleaner, it reapplies the sealer and won't get spots. I also have read about Diamond Fusion and even Rain X for doing the same thing.

What is everyone using lately? How is it working?

If I go with a product like Invisible Shield, should I pay the glass guy to put the coating on professionally or just do it myself?

Btw, I am always running late in the mornings (often running for a train that does not wait), so there is absolutely no way I will squeegee or dry my shower everyday (also squeegees are ugly, not keeping one in the shower), so not interested in being told to do so... just looking for the product that works the best to keep it clean. I am pretty sure our water is soft, so that makes it easier.

Thanks!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville