SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paninky

Help with Stairway and hall, please

paninky
5 years ago

I’ve been fixing up a small 100 yr old Craftsman style bungalow ...recently stripped wallpaper off stairway walls and upstairs hall, and I’ve been trying to decide how to decorate and add functional items.

-There are NO closets on first floor so the coat rack is a necessity, at least in cool/cold weather. Thinking of rehanging the mirror on the bottom wall there; functionally great, but will it look too cluttered there?

-I’m trying this small table with a tray on the small upper landing; There are almost always things in upstairs rooms to bring downstairs so I’m trying for an attractive ‘gathering spot’. Would like art above table. Window also needs a movable treatment for natural light but privacy (neighbors can see right in!)

Eventually need a runner for stairs and upper hall.

Paint colors are same as living room: Ben Moore Collingwood and trim is BM Dove White. My style is somewhat eclectic.

Please help me pull this all together. I love the idea of the table but not sure it works (functionally, it’s great!). Its finish is also damaged so I’d like to paint it, but how? I think the stairway walls may need something, too but the view from the LR and the 2 turns makes it rather complicated to me!

Thanks, I appreciate the help..

Comments (20)