SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_410494912

First Apartment Living Room HELP!!!

HU-410494912
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hi everyone!

I'm putting together my first apartment with my boyfriend in NYC and I'm getting extremely overwhelmed and having a bit of an issue trying to tie furniture together. We have passthrough kitchen that will have two bar chairs (black leather with silver bases) further into the living room we want to have a dining room set (not purchased), then we have a black leather couch (this was my boyfriends couch) and a gray ikea TV stand. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to tie all of these elements together since it's one big room without spending a fortune. I'm hoping someone can help!!! We would like a coffee table, end table(s), a rug for under the couch and a dining room table.

Will be officially moving in on Monday and getting a bunch of the pieces in. Will post updated pictures. Just trying to get ideas. And yes the apartment is tiny; gotta love Manhattan.

Couch - the two end seats recline (not the current apartment)

TV Stand

Potential living room rug (am open to other suggestions) I thought it may pick up the gray in the TV stand

Bar Chairs (trying to tie it into the couch)

This is the living room space - couch would be on the right of the room and the TV stand will be on the left.

Kitchen looking into the living room on the left -- bar stools will be up against the counter on the other side.

Did we make a mistake buying the gray TV stand? I was trying to not have all black.

So, this is what we need

1. Coffee table or cocktail ottoman - for a coffee table would I be better off with glass?

2. End table(s)

3. Rug (if there is something better than the one I picked)

4. Dining room table

Trying to make everything look nice but I am so overwhelmed and petrified I'll mess it up. Also trying not to spend a fortune.

Hope someone can help!!

Comments (14)