SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Tipping contractors -- what would you do?

Sueb20
5 years ago

We are in the midst (close to the end...I hope) of a pretty involved exterior house reno. New windows, trim, siding, roof, re-build of a sagging porch. The general contractor who is leading the project is someone we've known through several other renovations for about 12 years. I have never given him any sort of tip because it just didn't occur to me. However, I think I have done something far more valuable for him because I have referred him to several people, who have hired him for substantial jobs. This time, I feel like his creativity has been more important and helpful than ever, and he is doing an amazing job. He is here every day with two employees and all of them have been great. I am thinking I'd like to do something for them at the end of the project, but not sure what. The head guy is really a friend at this point, so I would give him something more personal -- DH recently read a book I know he'd enjoy, so I am going to get that. But obviously something else too. Ideas? Something for head guy, and then something different for the two other guys. Gift cards, maybe? Or just cash? Or just a hearty thank you??

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County