SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jojoco_gw

can you all find a rug for me?

5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Before you read my tome, let me just say that all the furniture pictured individually below, (with the exception of the furniture-filled room picture) has already been ordered and paid for (in part.) We're not looking to change it so please lie to me if you hate it.

My dh and I have been in our new home for just about a month. For those who know my story, we got married almost a year ago (in 2 weeks!) and are finally living under the same roof. It has been wonderful. But here's the thing. We bought a large home and have to furnish it. We're getting there, enjoying the process and choosing things we both (usually) love.

There is a "great room" that served as a home office on one side and a living room on the other (separated tastefully by columns , a partial wall, and a step down.) It is a huge room, even divided. We've got the upper part all set, but need help with the lower section. Here is a picture of the room from the MLS listing. (This was the previous owner's furniture--our current setup has barely any furniture.)

The previous owner and I share a very similar style (we've even become good friends!) and it was no surprise that my dh and I ordered a brown leather couch and matching arm chair, a coffee table, two side tables, and a separate armchair and matching ottoman. Our couch is a little blockier, but very similar otherwise. Here is the chair we ordered. The couch is from the same collection.

Here is the fabric for the side chair and ottoman and the leather for the above mentioned couch and arm chair.

The pale blue is much icier in person. And there are shades of slightly darker brown in some of the gold.

And here are the side tables and coffee table.

side tables above (2). Side table below will be near french doors and other side chair/ottoman

That's our coffee table below. For the record, I like breaking up the masculinity of the leather clubby furniture with something more feminine.

I also have two of these chairs which may stay in the room

But we need a rug and I'm all over the place as far as color goes. We do have a decorator looking, but I have more faith in you all. Much more. I'm assuming we will need a 9x12 or something like that.

I would love any/all ideas. I always lean towards towards orientals, but I'm open to other ideas.

I know I am asking for a lot of help, but if anyone has the time or inclination to chime in, I would be really grateful.

Jo

Comments (43)