SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
badgerjones

Is this normal? New construction

badgerjones
5 years ago

My New construction home looks like crap. So many issues, involving basically everything, attic, roof, gutters, fencing, carpet, LVP flooring, caulking, painting....omg. The outside corners or the baseboards are abysmal. There is baseboard paint on the walls, wall paint on plates, areas of exposed metal on wall corners. Very vsible seam in carpet, bump in LVP flooring. Innumerable visible nail holes (?) I’m not sure what to call what I’m seeing. Basically you can see where every nail is around the doors and some of the base boards. Inside of cabinets there are gaps where the sides meet the bottoms, and there are cracks where the hardware is screwed in. Generally the caulking sucks. And there are lots of places where there is missing caulking. One of the bathtubs is cracked and there are lots of scratches and black marks on the other one. One of the walls has a horizontal line where it is raised slightly, sort of buckling out (in the pic of it below the bulge is the top line, the bottom line is shadow).

I‘ve lived in brand new homes from two different builders and didn’t have these problems. Have I just been lucky? Do most people’s new construction homes look like this? (Pics to follow)

Comments (14)