SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ahren_osterbrink

Recommend an interior concrete sealer for finished floor? Sand First?

ahreno
5 years ago

I have a finished concrete floor that i need to, uh, finish. its colored (charcoal) with davis color mixed right into the concrete if it matter. I guess the finishers burnt it and its nice and smooth for the most part.

the concrete company recommended Bellatrix by WR Meadows ... i had purchased 10 gallons ($1000 worth or so) last fall but unfortunately i got caught in the middle of the Northern CA forrest fires last october and it all burnt. The company treated me like shit after that so i'm hesitant to give the more of my money. Surecrete has been awesome and recommended DK 400WB but they also recommended sanding my entire floor with 180-220grit sand paper first which just seems wrong. It's also almost $2k worth of product. My budget is tight after having to deal with the fires but i want a good product. I will be using their Surecrete XS-327 Polyurethane Sealer for my shower floor.

Any recommendations for a sealer?

also, whats the deal with them suggesting i sand it first? i've done the orbital scrubber to clean it and even using the green pads was too coarse and seemed to take away the smoothness and made the test area look like it was exposed aggregate kind of. the white pads were fine. i've talked to a few concrete finishers and they had never heard of that. Surecrete said if i dont sand it i should at least etch it.

Comment