SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancyinri

What Is A Decent Cabinet Line And Where Did You Purchase?

NewEnglandgal
5 years ago

I am trying to educated myself on cabinets (as well as countertops, etc) as we will be starting our build soon and I'd like to have my choices ready so I can move on to other things. I have read countless posts and looked at hundreds of pictures (which really has not helped all that much to be honest). I see where some will buy their cabinets from Home Depot and others say they are not good. I figured buying from a small kitchen center would be more costly. How do you know where to buy and what cabinet is going to hold up and give good wear and tear? How are Kraftmade or Decora cabinets different at Home Depot than a smaller kitchen cabinet company?

Has anyone ever ordered their cabinets online? Is this a bad idea if you know what style, color and cabinet company?

I would appreciate any advice, suggestions and your feed back on cabinets you purchased and if you are still happy with your choice pr what you would do differently.

We will be GC of the build. My husband has done this before and we know many subs personally. We also have a very dear friend who is a structural engineer who wants to help but this means researching on our own which I am happy to do.

Comments (55)