Flu shots for the home bound patient

albert_135   39.17°N 119.76°W 4695ft.

I am house bound to the point where I would need professional transportation of some sort to get a flu shot. I don't know how I would tolerate the wait at the destination.

Do I have any alternatives?

SaveComment3Like
Comments (3)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maifleur01

First where are you located. Different areas have different services. Do you have someone that comes to check on your health?

Save    
maifleur01

I see from your coordinates if you are there it is a large building or a group of two story apartments in Carson City, Nevada. If that is where you live. You should have a County Health Department. They may have what was called a Visiting Nurse that can come to check on your health and probably give you the flu shot. Giving you the flu shot will depend on your state laws as some can give them in others no. Depending on your age, doctor, and insurance some will allow a doctor to send medical personnel to your home under a Medicare program called Pace. Your doctor should have that information or can coordinate it. https://www.medicare.gov/coverage/home-health-services

Save    
cooper8828

In our state, a Department of Health nurse would come out, no charge.

Save     Thanked by albert_135   39.17°N 119.76°W 4695ft.
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Decorating Guides Pop Culture Watch: 12 Home Trends from the '80s Are Back
Hold on to your hat (over your humongous hair); interior design elements of the 1980s have shot forward to today, in updated fashion
Full Story
Houzz Call How Are You Passing the Time at Home Right Now?
Share your thoughts about how you are coping with stress and staying grateful during this difficult time
Full Story
Most Popular Three Magic Words for a Clean Home and a Better Life
Not a natural tidying and organizing whiz? Take hope in one short phrase that can change your life forever
Full Story
We believe that most anything that can be done to a home, Remodeling Star will make it happen. We work with Metro... Read More
Ferguson showrooms are where your plans of a dream home turn into a reality. Ferguson showrooms are the place to... Read More