SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19760412

Quotes Sept. 16, 2018

User
5 years ago

Charlie Byrd Quotes

American - Musician September 16, 1925 - November 30, 1999

A person should design the way he makes a living around how he wishes to make a life.

Charlie Byrd

And a musician has to learn to be frugal and to carefully manage financial affairs.

Charlie Byrd

A musician has to find a way to make his music mean something special - spiritually or however you can.

Charlie Byrd

We would play, then they would play a set, then we would jam on the last song.

Charlie Byrd

That jam was so much fun that by the end of the tour, we just jammed on all of the songs.

Charlie Byrd

B. B. King Quotes

American - Musician September 16, 1925 - May 14, 2015

The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.

B. B. King

I tried to connect my singing voice to my guitar an' my guitar to my singing voice. Like the two was talking to one another. B. B. King

Even now, at 82 years old, if I don't learn something every day, you know what I think? It's a day lost. Now, I don't practice every day. I just take the guitar, swear at it. But I should be swearing at myself. But I fool with music. I'm doing something musically all the time. And my ears are wide open for anything I can hear.

B. B. King

I was born on a plantation, and things weren't so good. We didn't have any money. I never thought of the word 'poor' 'til I got to be a man, but when you live in a house that you can always peek out of and see what kind of day it is, you're not doing so well. And your rest room is not inside the house.

B. B. King

I liked blues from the time my mother used to take me to church. I started to listen to gospel music, so I liked that. But I had an aunt at that time, my mother's aunt who bought records by people like Lonnie Johnson, Robert Johnson, Blind Lemon Jefferson, and a few others.

B. B. King

Sometimes I just think that there are more things to be said to make the audience understand what I'm trying to do more. When I'm singing, I don't want you to just hear the melody. I want you to relive the story, because most of the songs have pretty good storytelling.

B. B. King

My wife Martha used to call me Ol' Lemon Face because of my facial contortions when I play Lucille. I squeeze my eyes and open my mouth, raise my eyebrows, cock my head and God knows what else. I look like I'm in torture, when in truth, I'm in ecstasy. I don't do it for show. Every fiber of my being is tingling.

B. B. King

Comment (1)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm
More Discussions