SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
whirlwindgirl

“Paint” inside of glass front cabinets?

Nothing Left to Say
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

We bought a tract house a couple of years ago. It’s nice and the location is very good. But the whole house is pretty much white and lacking a bit in character. I’d like to bring a bit of color into the kitchen space.

Four upper cabinets are glass front. I have them filed with glass objects because that’s what I have. But the effect is very blah.

I thought about purchasing something more interesting to fill them. Perhaps four of these vintage French enamel water pitchers:

They aren‘t terribly expensive, but not cheap either. Probably $250-300 by the time I bought four and paid shipping. No decent flea markets or antique fairs where we now live sadly.

So then I thought about maybe painting foam block or plywood or something that I could insert into the backs of the cabinets to make them look like they had been painted. Then maybe put books under the existing objects to raise them a bit. Seems like that would be cheaper and might liven things up enough.

What do you think? And if you like the paint idea, any tips on material to use and how to do it?

Thanks!

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida