SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melissa_cardenas99

Need Curb Appeal! Driveway Landscaping and very large front rock bed

Melissa Cardenas
5 years ago
The front drive as you can see needs a good amount of landscaping. We have some ideas but open to ideas/suggestions.

1st Area of Work: The driveway edging.
So we put in the asphalt drive on top of the old packed gravel drive. The one picture shows the flagstone type border on the edges of the asphalt. I’d like to do this but not sure how as some of the sides are hard from the old drive and we couldn’t pound them into the ground. Maybe we shouldn’t edge it in? Where the asphalt drive meets the front rock bed we took the old bricks out that separated the drive and rock bed and just put the rock up next to it...not sure that I like it.

2nd area of work: the sloped entryway to our drive from the road. Both sides to the driveway entrance have a sloped hill. We plan to rock this all. Someone told me to use medium rock as the small would just wash away...so The second picture shows what size I was thinking of getting. My problem here is I’m not sure how to landscape it. How do I hold the rock in from coming down the front. The plan is to follow the dirt lines up the side so it will narrow off the further we get up the drive and stop on each side just before you get to the camper.

The left side of the drive we have a little garden up there by in front there where the wheelbarrow is I wanted to do the wheelbarrow with the handles sticking up in the air and flowers planted in front of the barrel and then Blount the wagon wheel next to it.

The right side of the drive I want to put the posts with cast iron pot hanging. I want to do red rock lava instead of the mulch and put flowers in the pot rather than underneath. The stumps will be made into little “fairy” homes.

3rd area of work: Front Rock Bed- This area is huge and it just looks a mess to me. To the left you can hardly tell from the photos but there is another area bricked off the rock bed that was there when we moved in. We cleaned it up and put bushes in it and mulched it. We didn’t honk about chickens and the mess they would make with it. Now I have to get all of that mulch up and out of the rock bed. So I don’t know whether to keep this area or just take up the extra bricks, take the plants out (currently have squash in there too lol) and just seed it for grass?)
We are surrounded by trees so there are sticks and leaves in the rockbed non stop and I’m not sure of the best way to up keep this. Any ideas of what I can do with this area to clean it up and make it look less bland? My husband built me that nice wishing well to cover up a partially uprooted tree stump!

I’ll post our yard pics in the comments

Comments (24)